Monday, March 23, 2009

and of COURSE no pictures

As expected, Ryan and I make an AWESOME meal and I have no pictures to prove it.

So, lately, I have been super craving steak. I don't care what the cut, just get me a big slab of steak and I'd be happy. So, while at the supermarket today I picked out a relatively cheap steak and decided...umm mashed potatoes and brown gravy....and then we went to the produce section and there was a cheap bundle of asparagus!! I was so excited!

I watch the Food Network everyday to get inspired...and I saw someone grilling asparagus on the George Foreman!! Brilliant!

And, I made mashed potatoes for the first time. I know, right? Weird! Every time we have them for dinner, Ryan makes them. And he makes them SO good so why fix it if it ain't broke....right? But today I did it! And they were fluffy and delish!

So imagine, peppercorn marinated steak, fluffy mashed potatoes with grilled asparagus on the side...yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

  1. that sounds bomb! yummers. way to go on the potatoes too. I've decided the more fatty stuff ie. butter, sour cream, you put in them, the better they are.

    maybe i'll make some tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done darling. Way to cook and become a domestic wife. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete