This weekend marked Brinley's 6th week!
I'm a bit flustered because I never know when her monthly birthday's will be because she was born on a {31st} day of the month. Talk about confusing!
Thanks to my day counter (on the right) I will know when to celebrate each month!
We have enjoyed every second with Brinley! In the past few days she has really shown us some steller smiles. I love this time of all these new developments. My favorite is watching her legs kick like crazy when she's on her back. I am amazing at how strong her little body is. She is trying to find her voice, too! When I'm running around the apartment, my favorite is to hear her entertain herself when staring at our space heater rotate back and forth and the lights on the Christmas tree.
(YES I am trying very hard not to leave the TV on and have her watch it.)
Brinley's hair is out of control. It is still super thin so clips won't stay in. Every night we brush her hair down and within a few mintues of it being dry...it's back to standing straight up.
I also had my 6 week appointment last week. All healed up! I seriously can't imagine having kids in my 40's. It's amazing that within 6 weeks by body has (almost) completely bounced back from having a baby. Come on, pushing out an 8 pound baby did justice on me! The doctor gave the okay to start working out (among other things...) and I am So excited (to work out...).
I also had my 6 week appointment last week. All healed up! I seriously can't imagine having kids in my 40's. It's amazing that within 6 weeks by body has (almost) completely bounced back from having a baby. Come on, pushing out an 8 pound baby did justice on me! The doctor gave the okay to start working out (among other things...) and I am So excited (to work out...).
Ryan graduates this week! His sister, Trisha is also graduating. We're going to see her walk on Friday night and then Ryan walks Saturday morning. His parents and sister Hayley are also flying in on Friday night. They rented a house in Driggs (on the way to Jackson Hole) for a week while over Christmas. It'll be nice to get out of Rexburg for a while and hang with the family. It has snowed everyday since Thursday. Talk about nightmare trying to drive in this town! No snow plows, no salt...no nothing! Get us out of here!!! I need a serious vaycay after our life in Rexburg ends! No more winter for this girl!
I'm excited for all the fun over the break, but the closer and closer everything gets, that means I am starting school again. January 5th is getting closer and closer and my anxieties are increasing by the second! We're blessing Brinley on January 3rd and that means my parents and sister Jillian will also be here! I have definitely been missing my family during the holidays. Lots to look forward to!!
*As you can tell...she's a healthy girl! She loves her momma's super fatty whole milk!!
and that double chin is out of control!!

Yay! Isn't it fun watching them grow?? And yay for you getting the "ok" from the Dr. I'm sure Ryan is excited for you to "work out" too. lol. Glad to see she's so healthy! Take pics of Ryan's graduation for us. Congrats, buddy!!
ReplyDeletewhat classes are you taking next semester?? maybe we'll have something together again!
ReplyDeleteahhh! she is a little doll. i love it when babies start to chunk up! i don't know what is going on with max...but sooner or later he may catch on. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my cute baby!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you and Ryan can both go to Trisha's graduation. It sucks that Stu and I can't get out of work :( We wish we could be there for her, she is so excited! What time is Ryan's graduation?
I have not checked blogs for a while... here was a lot to catch up on! First off, happy 6 weeks. I'm so glad you love being a Mom. It's fun to read your blog and hear all about your life. Some people are born to be a Mom, and you are one of them!
ReplyDelete