Saturday, December 26, 2009

Seeing Red on Christmas Eve

This past week, we have been up in Driggs, Idaho. It is only a 45 minute drive from Rexburg.  It was nice to get away from the Rexburg scene and enjoy some vaycay time with the family.  Ryan's parents rented a beauuutiful cabin for 2 weeks. This past week, we've been eating non-stop (of course...) and having tons of fun.  Everyone just loved Brinley.  I swear it was the fight to whoever was to burp her after I fed her, or tummy time, or cuddle time, or anytime! I felt like the only time I saw Brin was when I was feeding her! Goodness! Brinley has been smiling non-stop. She is seriously the cuuuutest baby ever. I know every Mom says that but really...Brin is one of a kind!

On Christmas Eve, we had a wonderful program of opening our PJ's, reading the Nativity story in Luke, sharing stories of our family traditions and finally watching It's A Wonderful Life.  This was my first Christmas away from my family, but honestly, it felt just the same. This year, it was my 2nd Christmas married to Ryan and now we have Brinley.  Our family is growing and I love it. I realized this Christmas, that all the extra family is just a bonus because now we have our own family thing going on.

Ryan's Mom provided the cuuuutest PJ's for everyone. Check out these pics:

Brinley in her cute PJ's


Our little family


Ryan's brother Stu and his wife Julie


Ryan's wonderful parents! Larry and Dolly


Grandma and Grandpa Briggs (Great Gma and Gpa to Brin)


Da Ladies (Hayley, Trisha, Dolly, Me, Brin, Julie, Grandma)


Da Boys (Stu, Ryan, Uncle Bruce, Grandpa, and Larry)


Me and Brin


The Whole Group!

6 comments:

  1. I'm sooo with you on missing holding your baby! Sometimes when we'd come to Donavon's parents for the weekend everyone wanted Issac and finally I just started saying NO I want to hold him too!! Sometimes you just have to say no and be selfish LOL. It was my first Christmas not going home too. Well technically the 2nd but last year we went the day after to Seattle, this year we arent going period. I thought I'd be more upset but I was ok with it because its time to start our own thing w/ our OWN family. Just wait until next year! It will be so fun with Brin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cabin looks almost exactly like the Cabin Cason's family owns in ashton...it's weirding me out a little. i also have only seen lilli this week when she needs changed or fed...kinda a bummer! (but i'm happy every one loves her so much!

    ps--i think i kbnow the people who commented before me...or rather, sam's little brother, tyler. {small world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. those pajamas are hilarious! and amazing! and comfy looking! and brinley---well she's looking like a pudding cup as usual. merry christmas you lovelys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun! a cabin for christmas... so cozy! i love the pjs :). and brinley is a dream!

    ReplyDelete