Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wanna come over for dinner??

BOX

TABLE!

MESSSSSY ROOM! I had to put it all in our bedroom because Brinley was wanting to help. Bless her heart. She always wants to be involved. I also washed all our bedding...bad idea. I didn't know that our dining set was coming today so I decided to wash our bedding! Our room was a MESS the whole day and it really stressed Ry out when he got home from work! Oops :-)

Taaa daaaaa! 
(yes I realize the table and picture aren't centered, but they are now!)


Isn't our new table GORGEOUS??? We are in love. I found a wonderful website that had free shipping and we had to go for it. This table had wonderful reviews and it was the perfect size for us, and for our small eating area. The boxes came around 1pm and I got started putting them together. I had about an hour while the babes were asleep and I got the table and one chair together. Chairs 2-4 went super fast after that. We put Brinley to bed after EATING on the table (what a dream!) and then screwed the seats onto the chair frame. We were picky about the type of dining set because we wanted the wood seat, not a cushion. I'm happy we decided with this table and chairs because they look so dang sleek! I am in love. I pride myself in being able to build anything IKEA because of the nifty pieces and screws. This table wasn't from IKEA, but the screws were basically IKEA. Same allen wrench :-) Building anything seems to put a damper on our marriage, so I just went ahead and built it all by myself. I loooooved it. You know when you go to IKEA and see employees building sets? and they always look so stressed?? ooooh my gosh, that is my dream job! You know it!

So of course after getting our table set up, I got all anxious and rearranged practically our whole house. I finally put our favorite wedding picture above our bed.
doesn't our room look great! It is complete, for now :-)

and I moved the mirror that was above our bed to our living room. This isn't the final above the couch piece, but for now, I NEED to have something above the couch. It is sooo boring with nothing on the wall. I think it looks okay, but this mirror isn't really us anymore. 
I spy a law book

So there you go! We proved that you can TOTALLY live off of a card table and $9.99 chairs from Walmart for a year. The table shook every slight bump, cutting into anything felt like an earthquake, and our glasses were frequently spilled. But, we are so grateful we had it! And now we have seating for 8!! Dinner party anyone?? 

11 comments:

  1. I like it, I like it A LOT! I have to say too, that I really dig your nighttables...I'm the type who inspects every little thing in the pictures. I may have wondered how I could get my hands on your bedside lamps too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Night stands are from IKEA! We found really cheap ones on sale, painted them black, and they have worked out great! They are a bit small now that we've been using them for over a year, but they will work for a couple more yrs! And the lamps are from Target! Only $12 each I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for new furniture! Congrats! Seriously...I love it!

    And your bedroom looks super cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She (he?) is GORGEOUS! I am so happy for you guys. Just think of all the future entertainment that is about to happen under your roof. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you guys! Look at your house! Soooo homey. Love it. Chris and I just spent a solid 4 minutes looking back at pictures and videos trying to figure out how and if your sectional switched sides--it has, but we are thinking it can pretty easily? That table is seriously gorgeous and I LOVE how you have the runner going across the shorter part--I would have never thought of that. Smart cookie. Now we need to make another trip just to eat at your new table! Hahaha. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sectional can switch sides suuuper easily. The cushion comes right out and the bottom part is separate to the couch. I do it to keep the cushion fluffed. It's also on that side right now to keep May IN a corner when I need to leave her to go upstairs to get Brin. I wedge our table in between the chaisse part and the wal so she has a small space to be while I'm gone for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh the new table is beautiful! Except now you have to think about possibly cooking for 8 - yikes! haha. -Rachel (Distinct.Style.Innovation)

    ReplyDelete
  8. lookin goood! i love it. i bet it feels soo nice in your kitchen now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go on putting that together by yourself! I totally know what you mean about marriage and building furniture...they don't always mix. Todd and I choose to work in shifts. I do as much as I can, then he'll come in and finish up the heavy duty work, then I'll do the final placement and minor adjustments. I am also really glad you clarified about the picture....I was gonna have to send Freya over to secretly center it so I can sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the table! what a difference!
    hey and i want to see your crafty project! share share!

    ReplyDelete