Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloween decorations and Pumpkins!

Okay, this is a random Halloween post.

Enjoy.

I saw this on Pinterest and fell. in. love.
Perfect way to display lots of pictures for less than $5. It turned out better than I imagined! We take so many pictures that you can't exactly frame every single one, so this is perfect. I was able to fit 48 pictures! 

 Perfect for our upstairs hallway.

 And I made pumpkin bread this week. It lasted about 36 hours. I put in mini chocolate chips and I think it tasted better than using regular sized chocolate chips. Still chocolatey, but still pumpkin-y.

 And theeen, I saw this on Pinterest and I HAD to recreate it.

 I think the bats look too happy, but still, they are cute! Adds a fun dramatic touch to our home. I made the eyes with a Q-Tip and cream acrylic paint.

 I found this template and blew it up in Word, printed it off, and then traced them out on black card stock. 

Here they are! Isn't it fun???!!!! Brinley loved it the next morning when she woke up!

Okay, I know I'm going bunting overboard, but I found cute Halloween fabric and had to add some cheap but cute decorations. Hence, this amazing bunting banner up the stairs.

 Up close. 

And over here too.

And theeeeeeeeen, we went to this cute community church pumpkin patch they have every year. The pumpkins are super nice and they have a great variety. We only had $5 cash, so we only got 3 little ones. Brinley picked them out and she looooved it. She kept touching all the small pumpkins. 






I love this season! It was 82 degrees today and I wanted soooo badly to wear jeans and a sweater. I got away with wearing jeans, a tee, and my rainbows. "Fall" has come to Florida, but not the kind of fall I want! Maybe in a few weeks!

10 comments:

  1. um... LOVE, LOVE the pictures. You would think with the hours I waste away on pinterest I would have seen this and snatched it right up. Already excited to make it! NICE Meags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo idea! You already know I take TONS of pictures, but we don't have enough wall space or $$ to print them all out really big. Great idea. I'll have to stalk your boards in a little bit. :) And those bats are CUTE. I like "cute" Halloween stuff, and those are perfect! I wish I knew how to make those banners. They're adorable. Brin is so cute with those pumpkins. Perfect size for her! Great job showing us all how to decorate on a budget! I know I need some good ideas like that. I collected a bunch of acorns outside on our nature trail walk and used those to decorate. And some pine cones. Can't get much cheaper than free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. meagan i love all your projects! way to go for actually doing stuff you see on pinterest! you are a fabric pennant pro! i may need to pick your brain about that tomorrow cause i'm supposed to be making one this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meagan. You look amazing. Royal blue is definitely your color. I love the whole family's outfits. They kinda coordinate. I know this isn't a fashion blog, but I had to bring that up. Oh and the projects--LOVE, of course. I need to make my bats. I just LOVE how they turned out. Greta Fall post, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I definitely went fabric pennant CRAZYYY but when they are just so dang easy and quick...WHY NOT!? PS I saw your sis-in-law Carly today at the Causey boy's baptism and we had fun chatting! Glad I finally met her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We totally coordinated outfits :-) we did. Well, I wanted us to be "festive" and Ry had the perfect shirt but I just had a boring tee. The bats were easy to do! Can't wait to see your house all decked out for your party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a bunting FOOL, and I love it. And I love the bats! Ah, your place looks great. And I have to agree with Julia: that blue is workin' for you, girl. You look fantastic!

    I can't believe how big Brin is. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. go meags!!! i love it all. look at you busting out all these cute crafts! i love that picture thing. real cool. also..darling pics at the pumpkin patch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bats are so cute! And bunting is so hot right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. if i havent said it one MILLION times already... i am obsessed with brinley's hair. seriously, what kind of stuff should i throw in the mix to make my babies have that kind of hair??? {okay, i just read that sentence over again, and that was not meant to be taken literally- it sounds gross! ;) } and your decor is so cute! im happy you are carrying out those ideas from pinterest. cause i sure dont!

    ReplyDelete