Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Truth Tuesday, I mean, Wednesday

Okay. Take this for what it's worth. Here is my top 10.
first, enjoy some pictures.

oh, what a glass of water does for a toddler! She was trying to slurp it up like this and she splashed around for at least 15 minutes.

morning cartoons. She is just so cute!

playing in her favorite (and only accessible) kitchen cupboard. She loves climbing all the way inside!

rolling around on our new rug! I love it. It completely transforms our living room.

1. I am going crazy with Brinley hitting, kicking, and smacking me all the time. She gets mad, fast. Do I put her in time-outs every time she does it? That would be like, all. the. time! I don't know how to parent this nasty toddler phase. Seriously. She can be so exhausting. Not to mention her naps seem to be harder and harder to fight lately. Can I still blame it on day light savings last Sunday? Since the switch, she has been a total wreck at nap and bedtime.

2. On a positive note, she totally cut a canine! Only 3 more to go...blahhhh. I think the bottom ones were really giving her a hard time this weekend, which meant waking up every hour saying, "Oowwww mama." I can feel the other bottom canine, but it hasn't quite broken through the gum line. I have a feeling Brinley will be teething when she is in kindergarten! I am so exhausted from all this teething!!!

3. Why do older women judge you since you are young and in "child bearing years" and your child is over 2 now, that you should be pregnant again?? #1, she doesn't know what is going on, but still, judging me, or nudging me, or giving me the eye, you bug. Stop it please. And FYI, you probably shouldn't do that anyways because you never know what people are going through.

4. I need to figure out a new game plan for eating lunch. Brinley usually has a good snack/light lunch before naps, but then I never know what to make for myself. And by 3-4pm, I convince myself that I'll just eat a fruit snack to hold me over until dinner. Then when Ry gets home, I am tired and hungry. I need to work on that one.

5. I have been listening to Christmas music all week and I am looooving it. I mean, I've already decided that this is the weekend to take out Christmas decorations. Come on! Don't hate. I just want to enjoy the festiveness longer than just a few short weeks. Join the party.

6. My stupid sewing machine is failing me. Or maybe I'm just working her too hard. She broke two needles within 5 minutes! ahhhhhhhhh! And I have a baby gift I have been trying to finish for months for my sister-in-law (her baby was born in June...), and I MUST finish this weekend. MUST!!!

7. Why can't Florida decide if it is fall yet? Today, 80. Tomorrow, 65!? I don't get it. I keep pulling out my shorts every 3 days because it is just too dang warm! But then, inside our house drops to 68 at night and I'm freezing! Ready. For. Fall! NOW! and I know all yall in snow hate us right now, but we here in Florida like the 4 seasons just as much as you do!!

8. Pretty sure I am done Christmas shopping for Miss Brinley. We got her like 3 things. Between the Steele's and the Briggs', she has enough. I can't wait to see her face light up on Christmas morning!

9. I am kind of sick of seeing the same stuff pinned on Pinterest. I love it and really do lose track of time when I browse, but I'm waiting for some new things. I pinned lots for my "Wish List" that Ryan totally appreciates, and some other fun Holiday craft projects.

10. Um, can you say holiday Friday? Holla. I need a break from babysitting! If only I could have been donating my eggs every month instead of babysitting...wouldn't that be awesome!? They are going to waste anyways. Might as well make some dinero.
kidding, Mom.

11 comments:

  1. Brin is so cute. I just love looking at the pics of her doin' her thang. And you can make bank from selling your eggs, but don't consider it...

    My previous statement makes me sound like I looked into it. Which I didn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Rachel. I don't remember how I found your blog but I love it. I have an almost 3 year old and she hits as I'm taking her to time-out. She is always worse when she is tired too. I think you probably know best what to do. And she is adorable. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. I remember when I was actually considering donating my eggs for 5 minutes. It's CRAZY how much money you can make.

    New carpet!? I can't believe you didn't let me know about this. It's gorg. And I agree....totally transforms the room.

    Last night I asked Chris if we could decorate for Christmas and he said, "Baabbbbbeeee!" in that way that means "no"...but if the Briggs are doing it....:) I have to get all new ornaments first. Meh.

    1 and 3. I totally get and totally gets me fumed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo Chris....don't give my girl Julia the Baaaabbbbeeeee! voice!!! Let the woman decorate! Esp since you're having that christmas party. You obviously need to get some decorations up to see where everything will go in the new house! I am SO excited for you to be decorating your house for the first time! So lucky! I want to get a garland up the staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo and the rug! I found it on Target.com and we looooove it. It isn't fancy, but it is totally helping our carpet stay clean. I actually want to get one up in Brin's room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute pictures!!! i need advice in the nasty toddler phase too! max has been hitting me + avery especially all.the.time. sometimes, he even hits himself! what in the world?? and the only time we have a normal lunch is when we have lots of leftovers...which doesn't happen often enough! love the post girl, and love you. if you come up with some good ideas to stop the hitting, let me know! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmm. First, I definitely put Savannah in time out EVERY TIME she hits, pushes...etc., etc. I figure consistency is key...if she knows I'll go lax...she'll push until I do ;o) Second, Brinley is so stinking cute!!! Third, I TOTALLY want to start Christmas decorating! But I figure we'll wait to get Thanksgiving over with...although Christmas music has COMPLETELY overtaken my radio :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. PInterest can bore me too! I keep getting on every few days hoping there is new stuff.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. First, you need some chocolate girl! Get those endorphins going. Second, I love the rug, it is gorgeous. Third, laugh more. That's all I can think of, no comment on the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're not doing time out yet for Noah, but so far, he's been super easy. He likes to push limits, and he'll hit the floor sometimes, but so far, no human casualties. Wonder if those teeth have something to do with the meltdowns? She's gotta let that irritation out somehow, y'know? And #3? Ugh. Hate it. Some people ARE wanting more, while others actually want to wait. So whatever. Either way, it's rude.
    And YAY for Christmas decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these pics of brin! so hilarious! she looks so old in that cabinet one! she's a real kid these days! i feel ya on number 3! hang in there! and that last one's funny... kidding, mom... ha

    ReplyDelete