Monday, December 19, 2011

Ugly Sweater Party!

I was so happy to have a reason to pull out my Christmas Best for a holiday party. My friend Freya and I decided to host it here at our place so that Brinley could be in bed and Ryan and I could party all night if we wanted to. And of course we did! There were so many yummy snacks and of course the drinks- hot chocolate and wassail. The wassail set the aroma perfectly for the party. I wish I could have that brewing 24/7! Mostly everyone came dressed in their best Christmas sweaters and of course we had a photo booth :-) I found these fabulous Christmas photo booth cut outs that were a fun addition to the party. I plan on using the cut outs for EVERY Christmas party we have, including the holiday party scheduled at my parents house after Christmas, very similar to last years bash. 


yummmmy snacks

hot chocolate and wassail

chocolate sandwich cookies with sprinkles! Yum!


Freya and I, very proud of the party we put on together!


fun decorations. I saw the ideas on pinterest, naturally.

Ooooooo myyyyyy........

The Brocks! Melissa is pointing to their cooking babe!


Tis the season!

The Rudder's (Brett and Freya's sweaters were by far the best!)


Chris flying solo....his wifey is already with her family for the Holidays!

The Pope's

The Hudson's


The ladiessssssss

funny candid shot

The party was a BLAST! Thanks all who were able to come!!!!

10 comments:

  1. this is SOOOO good. and your sweater!!!! best i've ever seen. fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That party was a blast!! Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like Ryan's tie. I wish Chris had a holiday tie to wear for Christmas. Where did you get it? Don't say Goodwill. Please. Hahaha. Also, your ring is BLINDING in that picture of you and Ry. You must be the wife of a lawyer. ;)

    The party looks so fun. What great hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My parents got Ryan that tie last year when they were in Scotland!! It is our family tartan plaid! Brinley has a little dress in the same tartan and I have a very itchy scarf :-) hahahaha that is my own wedding ring so I think it caught the light just right :-) My blingy blingy ring was on my right hand it was so ridiculous. I don't think I will ever be a big blingy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with jane! that sweater dress was genius! i'm so glad we concocted this, it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are so fun. I wished we lived close so we could party all the time. You're the most entertaining person. I love it.

    And those sandwich cookies?!? Holy. Those are my fave. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummmm...you look dang hot with your ratted hair and 'ugly' sweater! Serious...you're smokin! And, I totally wish we lived closer so we could have attended your amazing par-tay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater is fabulous. If you lived closer I'd buy it off you to use for myself next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good work meags! that sweater is incredible!! hahaha. looks like fun treats and fun friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The party was way fun! Wish we could've come for the whole thing, though. Also, I like how I'm the only girl who chose the pipe... hmmm. And that picture of Jesse and me--I think we need a retake! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete