Saturday, March 17, 2012

My almost 2 and a half year old

This girl I tell ya. She is so hilarious. Not only is her curiosity still blooming, the conversations we have are absolutely hilarious. I feel like I'm talking to a much older person sometimes.

Like the other day. We were taking the trash out and she walked over to the sewer grate which is big and kind of dangerous for little toddler feet. I said, be careful! You don't want to walk or fall on that grate! Her response, oh ok Mom, I remember that.
Like, who says that!?

On Wednesday night, Ryan came home from his 12+ hour day which means he comes home after Brinley goes to bed. She was still making noises so I said ya, go up and see her, she misses you. Ry walked in and she goes, My favorite daddy! You were at school? Ry said, ya, I just got home from school. She then said, and you go to class and see your teacher? Totally bewildered, Ryan said, ya I did see my teachers. He had a box of animal crackers for her to snack on just in case she was hungy too. She said, those are my favorite animal crackers, oh thank you thank you daddy!
Hahahahaha I love this girl so much. We tell her daddy is at school, but I don't think I've ever talked about classes or teachers with her. Hilarious!

Okay, one more story. Brinley loves to play on the iPad and the other day, she grabbed it and just started typing in the Notes App. I asked her, What are you doing sweetie? She goes, Ohhh just sending some emails. HAHAHAHA. I am NOT even exaggerating. I love to boast about my child, but I do not make up what she says. Oooo just sending some emails. Like, you're kidding me!

At almost 2 and a half, Brinley still loves to play with her play food. And this past week, Grandma Steele surprised her with a Cupcake Kitchen. My mom wanted to get Brinley an Easter present, but didn't want to get candy and have to pay for shipping, so instead she found this amazing deal on Amazon! When Brinley saw the box, she seriously said, Oooo it's beautiful! It is beautiful mama! She loves going over to her kitchen and fixing something for someone. Ry and I were planning on getting Brinley a kitchen for Christmas, so I think this buys us a little more time! 



I am so grateful that Brinley is in the age now where she tells me when she is ready for lunch or a snack. She rotates between having a PB and honey sandwich, ramen noodles and some type of vegetable, macaroni and cheese, a grilled cheese, and a quesadilla. We rarely have juice in the fridge, so when we do, Brinley asks for her "special" drink, Mama, can I have that special juice? I apparently give almost every food an elaborate verb just to help her get excited about it. She is a near perfect eater. I have zero complaints about that department. She loves brocoli, green beans, peas, strawberries, apples, sometimes peaches, and bananas. Do NOT ever give her a blueberry. Yuck. She does nooot like them even the slightest bit. She is okay with them in a muffin, but even then she examines it. Possibly the texture? Regardless, she got that blueberry hatred from her daddy so I just have stopped trying.

Brinley is my little pal and I just love her so much. She is growing up so fast and changing everyday. She is such a little sponge and soaks up everything I say. Well, not everything because she does get sassy and rebel against me sometimes. She sings the whole ABC's song and knows her numbers up to #20. She skips 14 and 17 every now and then but for the most part, she has them down! I am looking forward to this summer and doing fun things and hopefully teaching her how to swim a bit.





4 comments:

  1. "Just sending some e-amils" haha! She has such a fun, spunky personality. I love the Brinley stories! I can't believe she's 2 and a half! Such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she is growing up SO fast! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the little stories to Chris and by far our favorite is the e-mail one. We just both burst out laughing. I can't believe how sponge like kids are. That's one thing I totally loved about primary was seeing how kids just soak everything up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a little smarty pants she is!! and stinkin hilarious. i just lover her! 2 1/2? what the.. where does this time go? that is so crazy. and i love that little cupcake station- i cant wait til rowan is into that type of things.

    ReplyDelete