I knoooooow. I know. I know.
The blog has been severely neglected in the past months. I must admit though, the more busier Ryan gets, the less time I get on the MacBook which means, less picture uploading and less blog posts. I must say, it is rather refreshing not worrying about posting multiple times a week BUT, my BFF Julia reminded me today, the blog has been neglected, and needs to be updated :-)
Nothing too new over here! Last weekend, we enjoyed General Conference. It only happens twice a year and it seems like in a blink of an eye, it is over and there we go waiting another 6 months for it to come around again. Ryan was busy studying away and left Brinley and I to fend for ourselves, which was fine with me because I was able to catch most of the Saturday morning session without too many interruptions. Brinley surprisingly played quietly by herself for the good first hour, and then she napped for the second hour.
Our in between session cuddle time.
Saturday afternoon, which by the way, General Conference for us East coasters is harrrrrd. 12-2pm, 4-6pm, and then 8-10pm on Saturday night for the men. The second session is always the toughest for everyone to stay happy and ahem, awake, or is that just me?? Probably :-) On Sunday, we got smart and set up the portable DVD player, and made a little nest for Brinley and she so quietly watched a show while Ry and I were able to soak in the Good Word.
Sunday night, I felt a bit exhausted. Exhaustion always hits me around this time because it means the law school semester is wrapping up. Ryan is busier than ever and is rarely home, and when he IS home, he is reading. We have gone through 4 semesters of this and I wish they got easier.....I think I am used to the chaos, but it gets old, and fast. I am ready to spend quality time with Ryan, and so is Brinley. He has done so well this sesmester, I am looking forward to how is grades turn out-Go babe!
I was also exhausted by all the things I heard and learned throughout the sessions. Wasn't it just so great?? It reminded me of things I really need to reprioritize in my life and where I have been lacking. Being so busy in school and life and my molar pregnancy drama, you would think we would have all learned to put scripture reading and prayer at the forefront, but I have been slacking. I'll read right before bed and I am just skimming, not soaking in the quietness the scriptures can bring. I felt like many of the talks were focused on other aspects of my life that are so sensitive right now. Also, bettering family relationships. And strengthening the home. Basically, I have lots to work on :-)
Brinley always makes us laugh. She dumped an entire cup of orange juice on her head. It shocked her-obviously.
Brinley got a special package from Auntie Jilly today. She loooved it!
yay!! i'm so happy to see a new post :) i've missed knowing what's going on in your household! brinley is adorable as ever...i LOVE how you called her little hangout during conference "her nest." haha hang in there with all the crazy law school stuff. i honestly have no idea how you do it! you are wonder woman!! love you girl.
ReplyDeleteA new post AND a video!! Best day ever! I am excited to re-listen and re-read the conference talks. Watching conference from my parent's house was great, but it also meant that I was constantly worried about what Greta was getting into. It took her about 20 minutes from when we arrived to find my dad's drum set. Yeesh. I can't believe how big little Brinley is getting! I love her little laugh at :20!!! Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteConference was amazing, wasn't it?? Well... what I caught of it was pretty powerful... thank you, Conference Ensign! Can't wait! Though what wasn't so fun for us was being away from Brad. Did not like that at all. Ah, well. Hang in there with school!! It's so hard to not have the husband around and spend time with one another like another couple. Soon enough there will be no studying and LOTS of time for family!!
ReplyDelete