Thursday, May 24, 2012

20 Weeks and Moving

Alright folks. I am officially half way through this pregnancy! It has surprisingly flown by. I thought that since we found out basically day one when I got pregnant that I would never get to these milestones. All of a sudden, the weeks are flying by!


I am feeling pretty good! My acid reflux has really slowed down, thankfully! I chowed down on a TGI Friday's burger last weekend and loved. every. second! I pop in a Zantac a few times a week just to help my nights sometimes, but other than that, I haven't really had any problems since week 16. Well, problems enough to completely paralyze me like before. I still feel the rage, but it has lessened. It was getting so exhausting not being able to eat more than peanut butter toast and saltines. And even then, I was having raging acid reflux. I am so grateful to have my normal diet return and enjoy food again.

My belly is still growing rapidly, but it hasn't taken over completely yet. It becomes a problem when I try to squeeze through small spaces and bump my belly on the wall. It has been really exciting feeling the baby kick. Last Sunday when I woke up, I stayed in bed for a second and pushed on my belly and the baby totally kicked back! So I pushed on my belly again, and she kept kicking back! We went back and forth for about 10ish kicks and by the time Ryan got to me, she stopped. Poor girl was worn out!


The other night, while in bed watching The Wonder Years (only a few more eps until we are done with the final season!), I was feeling a few random kicks and told Ry to put his hand on my tummy. No more than 3 seconds later, she did a big kick! We both looked at each other with big smiles on our faces. It has been a joy for me to start feeling these baby kicks, but for Ryan to start feeling them too....ah, it is the best feeling! The kicks are pretty small from the outside, but I'm thinking in another month, we will be able to get big enough kicks for Miss Brinley to get excited about. 

My favorite moments have been Brinley's interactions with the belly. Ryan told her that to speak to her baby sister, she has to talk through my belly button. It is pretty hilarious. She yanks up my shirt and pokes at my belly button and says, "hey baby sister. I love you. Come out and play. I will be nice to you and let you play with my toys." Bless her heart. She is going to be the best big sister. Brinley always talks about her baby sister and that she will "always be nice to her" and "let her use her spoon and drink milk with her." hahaha Any conversations we have together, her baby sister pops into the conversation and we talk about her and how much fun we are all going to have together.
Me: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Brinley: A......big sister!!!
heart melted
and earlier this week, we were sharing a bowl of goldfish, and Brinley decided baby sister needed a goldfish too. She then yanked up my shirt, and shoved a goldfish in my belly button. It was kind of disgusting, since belly buttons are disgusting, but she was sooo proud of herself. She kept talking to the belly and asking her baby sister "is that good? baby sister?? You like goldfish??" She is so cute.


In OTHER news,
We are also moving this weekend. Just to a different complex, but it is across town. Different freeway exit. Different Publix. Different Walmart. Different library. and a Different ward. This past Sunday, Ryan and I were released from our callings. He was the 16/17 year old Sunday School teacher basically since we moved  into the ward almost 2 years ago. He has grown to love and appreciate those kids so much. I know he will miss them.

I am going to miss Primary so much! Serving for only 9 months, I learned so much about myself and how the Primary works. I have learned countless songs, over 25 kids names, gotten to know the teachers, learned how to teach a Sharing Time once and sometimes twice a month--not to mention teaching the Jr. Primary (15 kids sometimes under the age of 6...patience tester!), and how to work in a Presidency. It has been a great experience for personal spiritual growth. I don't think I was this big spiritual giant, but it helped teach me about consistency and finding joy in my calling.

It would really sting when I would talk to some people about Primary and they would look all bummed about being "stuck in Primary." I was so confused! I would rather serve in Primary than any other place in the church, next to Young Women's of course. Maybe I am too excited and have too much energy, but sitting during Relief Society and Gospel Doctrine does not necessarily serve me well sometimes. I hope to be called into Primary again someday! It was an experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Our new place is wonderful. We have been really lucky to have been safe for the past 2 years, but hearing about the break-in stories our neighbors have told us about, or the occasional double homicide (yep, down the street!), has really freaked me out. I know no place is perfect, but we can only move up from where we are. We're moving to the other side of town which will put us further from the school and Ryan's work, but Brinley and I are up for the challenge to drive him to work/school a couple times a week.
We get a pool, work out center, playground, and a dog park included with trails for walking? Forget about it!! We are however downsizing which may be a bit tricky with our family expanding, but the baby would be in our room anyways for awhile. And by the time we would move her out to her own room, we will be graduated (what!?) and hopefully moving, again!

And can I get a Whooo-raaaw for no more climbing stairs at 2am to see why Brinley woke up crying? Whoooo-raaawwww!!

I am anxious to give you a house tour, but I need some time to get that in order! Starting Monday (or tuesday, or wednesday...), we are potty training 100% and soon after, I am getting Brinley's room transformed into a Big Girl room furnished with a BIG GIRL BED! Oh man.

Lots of changes, but I am so happy!

4 comments:

  1. I am in primary and it bugs me so bad when people say they are stuck in primary. If you don't want to be stuck in primary, don't say yes to the calling.... And you are looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo-raaww!! That is great news! I hope you guys love your new place.

    And, you look beautiful!!!! So fun that you guys are able to feel baby girl kick! I love that. Good luck potty training!! Just remember that no matter how bad it gets (and hopefully Brinley will be a breeze compared to Max!) it WILL get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing all about Brinley being a big sister. She is going to be an amazing one! Already sharing her goldfish, how sweet!! I am still praying we can get our girls (okay, us) together once more before your newest little once arrives, but I just don't know how or when. Thank goodness for texting, Skype, blogs--all that, so I can still see how you all are doing.

    Your bump is so precious. You need to frame that photo of you and Brin asap!

    Okay, what are you thinking for this big-girl room?! It's happening here SOMETIME this year and I can't even wrap my head around it. Oh Brinley, you are growing up too fast. I am so excited to see your new place. Do a video tour for us, k!?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have NO idea where to begin with Brinley's room. I wish so badly we had an ikea close by because I need storage, ASAP! And from what I can tell, lots of light comes into her window, so I need darker curtains or something quick. I'm tired of using ghetto quilts and blanket to give me a dark room! Lol, we are so ghetto! I do want to invest in some good things for her room, so I just need to decide. Man, I think ry and I need to make the trip to Orlando to go to ikea and get some things. I really don't want to go all that way, but we are planning a temple trip before I get too big anyways, so might as well!!

    ReplyDelete