Oh man! It has been a wild weekend. I can't believe that we are finally here. In our dream apartment. We are still in the process of going through all the bins and boxes, but for the most part, we are pretty settled. After getting all the furniture arranged how we wanted, now we can organize, and decorate!
random find! Remember this hat? She could barely fit it on the back of her head!
the FULL moving truck! I couldn't believe we fit everything.
While in Target, we just wandered the store. Nothing pressing on our to-do list. Nowhere to be. Ryan specifically told me to be gone the entire move-in time. 3 flights of stairs. Sweaty men hauling boxes. He did not want me to get anxious about anything, or even TRY to help. After only 5 minutes wandering the toy section, Brinley picked out her brand new toy: a mini shopping cart full of grocery items. I pulled it off the shelf, gave it to her, and she followed me around, while pushing her cart throughout the whole entire store. People were stopping and staring at her cuteness. It was pretty ridiculous. She is total girl. Anything involving babies, shopping, play food, or shoes, she is game for. That's my girl!
Quickie Instagram updates:
BIG NEWS!
Brinley is enrolled in a gymnastics class once a week for the summer! We went to pay today and she could barely keep her clothes on because she wanted to get on the mat and run around with the kids who were in class. I let Brinley pick out her own leotard, and of course she picks this. I don't think I'll ever lose eye contact on this kid during her class. She looks like a small beam of radiation running around with how bright this green is. Eeeks! She doesn't start for another 2 weeks, but she is SO excited! (and so am I to hang out and watch!)
You can follow me on IG @megbriggs
Saturday afternoon going to our first pool experience! It was h-o-t and we had so much fun!
Yes, potty training has resumed. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but this whole potty training thing is no joke. I am stressed. Stinky. Unshowered. And a bit frustrated. But, our first whole day with the potty, Brin had 3 successes and 2 accidents. Not bad. She couldn't handle going poo in the potty though. She told me she had to go, which is normal for her right before nap time, but I didn't push it. She woke up with a poo, so at least she knows that she needs to go #2!
I had to wake this beauty up from naps to run errands. Talk about depressing having to wake your busy 'i need to nap' toddler JUST to make an appointment!? gah!!
And here I am at 21 weeks (offic. Saturday). I wanted Ry to snap a picture to prove that I dress myself in actual clothes sometimes. hahaha No, but seriously. I basically got dressed because of the places we needed to go that day, but especially potty training, this mama is in pj shorts and a Hanes v-neck mens shirt. Yes, I do brush my teeth and put on deodorant everyday.
Brinley is enrolled in a gymnastics class once a week for the summer! We went to pay today and she could barely keep her clothes on because she wanted to get on the mat and run around with the kids who were in class. I let Brinley pick out her own leotard, and of course she picks this. I don't think I'll ever lose eye contact on this kid during her class. She looks like a small beam of radiation running around with how bright this green is. Eeeks! She doesn't start for another 2 weeks, but she is SO excited! (and so am I to hang out and watch!)
House video tour coming soon!
You can follow me on IG @megbriggs
You are so beautiful Meag's, it's not even fair!
ReplyDeleteoh i just cant get over her cuteness! that little gymnastics outfit- to die for! i am so excited for your big move and that everything went smoothly!! cant wait for that house tour. (and im pretty sure i've told you that before, but i am in gray sweats and a hanes V-neck t-shirt every stinkin day.. unless i go out. and im not pregnant ;) ) such a fun update! so many great things going on for you guys!
ReplyDeletelook at that little neon star! i love that so much. i think it's cool that you let her pick out things like that. so fun. i'm excited to see your new place when it's all set up. really not fun to pack, but a lot of fun setting up a new space. wish i could come and help. love you meags
ReplyDeleteBrin cracks me up. She seems as crazy and fun-loving as you are. I love her!
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear you are all moved in and settled! I'm excited for Brinley and her gymnastics adventure. That will be so fun, lots of video please. =)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pictures of the new place! And it sounds like its a much better situation for you all!!
ReplyDeleteThat leotard=amazing.