These side view shots make me LAUGH! 20 weeks later, I am b-i-g!
I can't look at too many pre-pregnancy pictures because I just frown and comment about how SKINNY my face looks! Pregnancy does wonders for my Steele cheeks (thanks Dad for those genes!).
Well peeps,
we are less than 2 months away from October 13th. Life is going to speed up really quickly REALLY soon, especially with school starting in less than 2 weeks. I am looking forward to school starting again, but that just means the next thing that is going to happen will be the birth of this baby!!
I am actually feeling great for the most part. Not much has changed since my last pregnancy update. My body has really started to itch A LOT and it drives me insane. No matter what amount of lotion I use, I still itch all day long. My belly seems to be splitting at the seams, and it honestly scares me how much bigger it is going to get. Sleeping at night is off and on with all the potty breaks, but thankfully, my body pillow has saved me this pregnancy. It takes up most of the bed, which drives Ryan crazy, but at least it keeps me comfortable! Sleep seems to happen about every other night. Some nights, I pass right out and only wake up once or twice staggering to the bathroom, but other nights I toss and turn for hours and wake up ever 2 hours. My doctor said it was fine to take things like Tylenol PM or a Benadryl, but I haven't really found it necessary to opt for those drugs quite yet.
The main thing that really concerns me is how intense my contractions have been. They are still really inconsistent, but boy they HURT. The other night, I was having contractions 8 minutes apart, but after the third one, they stopped. I reaaaaaally don't want to go into the hospital to just be sent home, so thankfully, warm baths and just going to sleep has helped with that. I know they aren't "real" contractions yet, but seriously, they suck and need to stop bothering me.
When I lay on my side before going to bed, Ryan and I just laugh and laugh with all the body parts we can feel. Sometimes I swear I could just grab a limb because she pokes out so much! She loves to be busy at night and bounce around. I am praying she makes the head down descent soon. At my last two appointments she has been breech.
Our name situation is pretty pathetic for the most part. We are stuck on a different name right now, so we'll see where we are at when she is born! Brinley's name fits her so perfectly that I'm scared to pick the wrong name for this baby! I guess we are just waiting to see her face and the name will just feel right.
**We just rolled over 100,000 views on the blog! I never thought this little blog would get any hits close to six figures! Exciting!**

Unisom saved me a few times.... glad you are feeling well. You look great!
ReplyDeleteYou are seriously gorgeous!! I'm glad that you're feeling so positive about everything. I can't believe you're having contractions!! I seriously feel like I need to hand back my Mom Card sometimes- I have honestly NEVER had a contraction! Pre-term birth and c-sections prob make up for that fact, but sometimes I feel like such a fake!! :) You keep taking care of yourself- I can't wait to see your new little bundle! The right name will find you guys and everything will be perfect!
ReplyDeleteMegan, congrats!!! You look so cute pregnant
ReplyDeleteWe felt the exact same way about naming Greta! We just could NOT decide until she was born. And girl, you are one of those lucky pregnant women whose legs and butt stay nice and tiny. OBVIOUSLY. You look great. Amazing, really.
ReplyDeleteYeah, you look great. I agree with Julia... you're one of the lucky ones that stays small everywhere else. I remember Noah sticking his elbow out ALL the time. It was both hilarious and painful. lol.
ReplyDeleteGetting so excited for you :) And your baby bump looks adorable :)
ReplyDeleteoh how i love you. you look so GOOD at 31 weeks. such a perfect shirt. excited to see this little squirt soon.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!! Such a beautiful pregnant glow :) Can't believe you are already 31 weeks!!!! So excited to see this little one.
ReplyDeleteBGB2 is smart! She found her way down, didn't she? You look so gorgeous. Pregnancy definitely suits you. So glad to hear things are going well! Crappy contractions, but you're still pretty and that's all that matters. ;)
ReplyDelete