Monday, June 10, 2013

Ellie: 8 months


Ellie has really started to come into her own little personality lately. She is very good at letting us know what she needs. More food. More sleep. More playing time. She is a gem, we love her dearly. She never needs to be the life of the party, but she naturally steals everyones hearts just by her cute smile and playful spirit.


This month, she has started to do the baby plank and scoot backwards. She is so strong that I know this month she will be crawling. While my parents were here, they bought the Johnny Jumper thing and so far, she has just decided to spin around and sway side to side. Very little actual jumping, but she likes being able to move around in it.


Also this month, she is finally decided that baby food isn't poison! I have increased table food with help from this site. She still hasn't consumed an entire jar of baby food at one sitting, so who knows if we'll ever get there. I can see a short window for baby food for her. Very different than Brinley because we had to introduce it to help with her early weaning from breastfeeding. Brinley consumed a LOT of baby food. Ellie's favorite kinds are just like Brinley's: green beans, sweet potatoes, and mixed vegetables. She loves the yogurt melts and cheese puff (baby Cheetos as Brinley calls them).


In the past 2 weeks, Ellie has become a master at feeding herself. She loves bananas. Lovessss bananas. But hates how slippery they are and how hard it is for her squish fingers to pick them up. She has also tasted pancakes. That was a fun treat for her. She is quite the little piggy when she eats and is pretty hilarious to watch. She makes lots of noises and twists her wrists in circles when she's excited or wants more. She is still nursing 5-6 times a day and I am so grateful for her consistency with that. So happy to still be nursing and what a wonderful responsibility it is for me. I still cherish those moments we have together.

lets see how close I can get to the edge...

Ellie is such a happy girl. She rarely rarely cries. She loves to giggle and scream. She loves to play with Brinley. Her favorite time is when we all pile into Brinley's bed at night to read books. She buries her had into th covers and just screams and giggles because it is so fun to be in her big sissy's bed. Brinley doesn't want Ellie in her room yet at night because "Ellie will wake me up Mama and I don't want to be waken up." And since Brinley is still napping during the day (and they nap at the same time), I'm not ready for them to share either. Hopefully by the end of the summer.

then I gracefully helped her off the couch and she was instantly upset. girls and their drama, I tell ya! 

3 comments:

  1. She is so sweet and grown up and smiley. I miss her!! She is looking more like Brinley to me, but I love that she still has her own distinctness (ahem...red hair.) I have always wondered how sharing a room work with a toddler and a baby. Keep the updates coming. We gawk over every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big she's gotten! She is so adorable! All of her pictures really do convey her personality really well. She always looks so sweet and happy. :)

    ps. how does she feel about peas? Didn't Brinley HATE peas? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Brinley hated peas. Ellie can't get enough of them. Cold. Warm. She loves them any way she can get them. I just gag a bit inside because the smell is too much to handle sometimes! So glad she is happy eating table food because it was getting difficult with baby food!

      Delete