Monday, June 17, 2013

on father's day 2013

Ryan as a father is a special thing to watch. Him and Brinley have such a special relationship. She trusts him more than me sometimes. I think it's because she knows he will go easy on her and be more forgiving :-) But, I'm grateful in those moments because we balance each other when it comes to parenting. and Ellie stares at him like he is the greatest thing in the world, and I'd have to agree. 

He juggles the girls when I need a free moment to myself. He works so hard during the day in order for us to have his undivided attention when he is home. He never shows an ounce of worry or stress from his long day. 

He has an optimistic spirit that is contagious. We joke that he is a dreamer, but it is Ryan's dreams that keep our family moving along. I may be the oil that keeps this family machine chugging along, but it is Ryan's big heart that keeps us together. He is loving. and patient. and I love him for it. Brinley misses him tremendously during the day and her energy when they play is exhausting to watch. She has too much to say and so much to do when they are together. Seeing Ryan juggle his schedule, his work, his family, and all his other responsibilities is inspiring. He really is the greatest there is.


Father's Day this year involved:
sleeping in until 8am (!!)
presents to open, in a bag Brinley picked out. 
church, and a baby who refused to nap, and Brinley singing with the Primary
naps and watching his new movie Miracle
mahi mahi tacos and homemade refried black beans for dinner
pumpkin pie for dessert
skype with grandma and grandpa steele
bath and bedtime books in Brinley's bed
an unfortunate quick bar study after the girls went to bed
and finishing off our night with a head rub for me because of a headache and Ryan reading out loud of the new June Ensign.

We had a great day!
check out that princess bag! he loved it.

daddy and his girls

had to show off their beautiful new dresses!

the Relief Society provided pies for the men for the last 15-20 minutes of their priesthood meeting and Brinley of course needed to get in on the action after we picked her up from her sunbeam class // and Ryan requested a pumpkin pie so I made Paula Deen's recipe. Ryan could eat pumpkin pie for any occasion, any time during the year. It is odd but he is a man who knows what he likes! 

I'm proud of my mahi tacos! I rarely make fish, but I used this rub and it turned out perfectly. They were way delish.

enjoying their dinner. Brinley loves fish and had been asking for fish tacos for dinner for a long time!
 
pumpkin pie // skyping

cuddles in bed


So grateful for Ryan and the wonderful man he is. He is the best daddy to these girls and I love him so so much. Glad you had a great day, Ryan!

3 comments:

  1. that dinner looks awesome! what a day for a great dad! those girls of yours sure are the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the RS provided pies!! Chris this past week asked what would be a good father's day present for the men in our ward and I had no idea except candy. haha but PIES that's awesome! Ryan is a great dad and once he's down with the Bar Exam he'll be an even better dad. YOU'LL HAVE WEEKENDS BACK, which will be totally excellent! Happy Father's Day Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tacos look so legit and delish. And I love the girls new dresses! Happy belated father's day to Ryan. I am so glad I got to see his amazing fathering first hand. He's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete