Monday, September 23, 2013

My Girls And Their Hair

Let's start with Brinley.

She gets her thickness from me. and she got hit hard with cowlicks from both Ryan and I, so just like her momma, no bangs. But the curls, we're still wondering where those came from. I usually try to straighten her hair on Sunday's to tame it a bit, but most days, it is extra wild and crazy. Humidity is rough on curly hair! 

Most days, she looks like this:
I try to pull it up in braided pig-tails or in buns as often as possible. It is the easiest to do and to keep her hair out of her face and off her neck.

Michelle from Sunshine Remnants sent us some adorable Halloween bows for Brinley. She even included a necklace just for her. To say she is obsessed is an understatement. Hello Kitty and Halloween? Yes please! 





Michelle's bows are high quality and so unique. I'm already looking forward to what she is scheming for Christmas! Her little girl necklaces are so adorable I think every little girl needs one! It really is the perfect birthday or Christmas present. Or stocking stuffer?

Ellie isn't quite as excited for hair bows and necklaces, but her hair is taming down a bit. She yanks every headband down now and I'm a bit depressed. She even reaches for clips and bows. And the other day, I found her pulling on her whale spout pony! That little sneak. But seriously, I can't believe her hair once looked like this. 

Her red top has stayed just as red, but her locks are growing longer and tamer. She still gets plenty of hair attention and unwanted hair grazes.


These girls and their hair...between Brinley's constant tangles from twirling, and Ellie smashing avocado chunks, we go through a LOT of shampoo. I try to give Ryan some hair lessons every now and then, but he does a pretty good job when he has to! That's my top rule if I can't be there to do their hair, PLEASE, put Brinley's hair in a pony with a bow, and clip Ellie's bangs to the side. They could still be in their pj's, I don't care, but please do their hair! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooo much!!! I'm happy to know your girls loved the goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete