There is one thing I haven't been able to get over while living in Florida: the smell of Fall.
I have been able to get over the constant sunshine and every day 90+ degree days that makes my make-up melt right off my face, and the intense, thick humidity that forces my hair do wild and crazy things. That is just every day life down here in South Florida.
But Fall.
I miss fall. the bite in the air. the smell of leaves.
While we were living in Tallahassee, it would drop in temps by late December-mid February, but when it came time for Halloween, we were in tee shirts Trick or Treating! So even thought we felt "cold" (such a relative term here in Florida), wearing tee shirts and shorts basically into December just feels wrong!!!!
And now that we live even farther south, I don't even know if the temps drop past 70 degrees. (insert seriously sad face).
How can a Pacific Northwest girl at heart deal with this!!!? I have had to stay off Pinterest because of all the fall outfit posts. and the beautiful changing color leaves. Making soups and pumpkin everything just doesn't feel right because when it's 85+ degrees outside all. the. time., soup and warm things are the last things you crave! and don't even get me started about not wearing boots, scarves, sweaters, jackets, and JEANS for that matter.
I'm in serious mourning. Let me have a moment.
here
So--Brinley and I have decided to create a MUST DO list for this fall season. Last year, we welcomed a chubbster cherub into our family by the name of Ellie, and she took the place of Fall activities (even though I did make it out a few times here and here). We are determined to hit it big time!
Our October Festivities List
- decorate for Halloween
- make a Fall craft with leaves from outside
- buy a new fall scented candle
- bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- bake and decorate Halloween sugar cookies
- go to a pumpkin patch (hayrides, corn maze, pick out pumpkins)
- carve pumpkins
- send Halloween cards and stickers to cousins
- Ellie's birthday (cupcakes and decorations)
- Brinley's birthday (cake and decorations)
- Trick or Treating
We can't wait to get started!!
So--Brinley and I have decided to create a MUST DO list for this fall season. Last year, we welcomed a chubbster cherub into our family by the name of Ellie, and she took the place of Fall activities (even though I did make it out a few times here and here). We are determined to hit it big time!
Our October Festivities List
- decorate for Halloween
- make a Fall craft with leaves from outside
- buy a new fall scented candle
- bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- bake and decorate Halloween sugar cookies
- go to a pumpkin patch (hayrides, corn maze, pick out pumpkins)
- carve pumpkins
- send Halloween cards and stickers to cousins
- Ellie's birthday (cupcakes and decorations)
- Brinley's birthday (cake and decorations)
- Trick or Treating
We can't wait to get started!!









cutest mom!! i feel ya. our summers last til october which i love but i'm really in the mood for fall jackets and boots and it's still too warm to bust those out.
ReplyDeletecan we go to seattle together? girls trip!
Seattle is the best place for Fall. I just want to LAYER. and yes, girls trip to Seattle sounds ah-mazing!!!
DeleteI love you! I'm sad that the temp in FL won't be lower than 70. That's the one reason I love living in Colorado. The fall here is just amazing! Not to rub it in! But don't worry, I'm afraid I won't be getting outside much in October once this baby comes. Are they even ALLOWED to go outside when they're so new?!?!?
ReplyDeleteI swear Brinley didn't see the outdoors until April. and we lived in Rexburg!!! Hello frozen tundra. They say babies should always wear one more layer than you would when its cold outside. Those gerber white onesies were a staple under her clothes the first 6 months of Brinley's life!
DeleteThat second outfit is me to a T. I want the whole thing. And now I need to make a fall bucket list for us! Best season ever!
ReplyDeleteI will be living these outfits vicariously through you, obviously! Please wear boots everyday.
DeleteOhhh sweet Meagan! I love all of your pictures :) Growing up, I always thought that I could live somewhere with summer all year round (like Florida!!) but now I think my mind is changing...Fall is pretty awesome. Wish you could take a trip out West!! Miss you girl.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!!! Someday I WILL make it out to Utah!
DeleteI live in the boonies of Alaska, where can I get the boots from the second outfit?
ReplyDeleteI found these! Super gorgeous. Please wear them for me :-)
Deletehttp://www.solesociety.com/carolyn-amaretto.html?utm_source=polyvore&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=knee%20high%20boots
Oh bless you!!! Not that we really have fall here in AK but I'm going to wear them anyway!! :)
DeleteHi, just saw this post on Pinterest. Do you know where I can find that grey Northface sweater in the second outfit? It's so cute!
ReplyDelete