I'm not sure why some weeks drag on and others zoom past, but here we are, another weekend in our view. In our Church, twice a year we have the wonderful opportunity to hear from our leaders and dear Prophet. And this weekend is one of those times. It is amazing how quickly those General Conference weekends sneak up on you. We have been so blessed in the past few weeks that I feel like General Conference is the perfect way to bring us down to earth a bit and focus on some other aspects of our lives. We are in the next phase of life, the no-school phase and we aren't really sure how to approach it. Lots of questions. Lots of hope. Lots of faith. and I know without a doubt that this weekend will also produce lots of answers and excitement for the future.
This week has been full of good things. Here are some highlights.
1. Ellie is turning 1 in 4 days. Please. Stop. Growing!!
2. Matching Halloween shirts. Just because.
3. Another one to check off our list. This candle has been amazing. Most candles smell good but very few actually smell good while burning it. This one is a keeper! AND we decorated too. This quilt was hand made by my amazing mother. This picture does not do it justice. It is so impeccable. She is so talented.
4. Only because it is so funny putting wigs on babies. We've been "pretending Halloween" at least 3 times a week. I know that when Halloween actually does roll around, we will all be bored of our costumes!
5. We have discovered a new library story time for bigger kids for ages 3-5. It has been so wonderful for Brinley. We have seen the same boys there for a few weeks in a row now and they don't skip a beat getting to know each other anymore. I love any opportunity to help Brinley have a great time at the library. Books, craft time, and playing? It's perfect.
6. Brinley loves taking pictures of us in the car. Florida has now made texting while driving illegal and not that I texted while driving, but at stop lights I would return a few texts or check my email, but I've decided to just give Brinley my phone all together while driving so I won't be distracted or tempted to use it and she goes to town. I find at least 40 selfies after our day of driving around.
7. And the best part of our week. Brinley started swim lessons! Twice a week for 4 weeks. She has only had 2 classes but she LOVES it. She loves her instructor and she loves being in the water. I am so impressed that with just 2 classes under her belt, she has already become more confident in the water. That diva wears her sunnies the entire time. Her eyes are just so sensitive!
8. Ellie. Loves. To. Eat. and get super messy while doing it!
9. Last night during bath time, Brinley slipped and fell and completely busted her lip open. I grabbed her out quickly to clean her up, and apparently, at the same moment, Ellie decided it would be a good time to poop in the tub. That girl has pooped in the tub SO many times in her short life. It was a very insane bedtime and both Ryan and I were pretty exhausted by the time the girls fell asleep for the night.
Our October Festivities List
- bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- bake and decorate Halloween sugar cookies
- go to a pumpkin patch (hayrides, corn maze, pick out pumpkins)
- carve pumpkins
- Ellie's birthday (cupcakes and decorations)
- Brinley's birthday (cake and decorations)
- Trick or Treating


















I love the picture with the matching Halloween shirts. Ellie looks a lot like Brinley there. So cute!
ReplyDeleteLook at you checking things off of your fall list!!! If Brinley is anything like Max...she won't be sick of her costume until next Halloween! (Max even told me today that he wanted to be Buzz Lightyear again, but I suggested maybe we come up with a different idea since it's about 4 inches too short :) Happy birthday to Ellie so soon!!!
ReplyDelete