June was a busy month! It went by so quickly. Down here in south Florida, June is our rainy month and it did not disappoint. Around 3pm everyday, the clouds unload for a few hours. When I say rain storm, I mean monsoon type of rain. It's amazing that I thought I knew rain living in Seattle. NO WAY. Florida rainfall is intense! It rains more in Florida than it does in Washington. But thankfully, the duration and days are muuuuuch less and we see lots more sunshine down here.
Ryan was really busy with work (still is!) and worked longer days. He was also called as the new Elder's Quorum President which has already been a challenge to juggle. My Sunday's are still spent juggling kids in the morning and working in the Primary. I love Primary! I wish I could stay in there forever. I'm still plugging away at Old Navy and I have realized that sometimes people are just dang rude and seriously just need to be slapped. If you've worked retail before, you totally understand what I'm saying! It is a great part-time job, but I really do hate it sometimes! I usually chant when the day is rough, discount, discount, discount!!
The girls are doing great. Brinley is so smart and funny. She is really changing into a big kid. I especially notice when we are in the kitchen and she can fully reach on the countertops for things. Good and bad thing, I guess :-) She is still a little girl compared to most 5 year-olds, but her quick wit and one-liners are so hilarious it catches everyone off guard. She is a clever girl! She's always making me laugh. And Miss Ellie. She is changing daily. Saying new words and trying to be like her big sister every day. She loves loves loves to watch Frozen and sing "Let it Go." It is crazy to think that in just a few short months, we will have a 5 and 2 year old! Life is flying by!
^^Frozen time! again!
In June, we said goodbye to two families that have been great friends to us and to the girls. We will miss them both so much! Thank goodness social networking keeps us all linked together. I love that.
^^Girls dinner for Trish and Kim
^^last goodbye to Max :-( Brinley said "Who am I supposed to marry now that Max is moving??"
^^last goodbye to the Garrett's!
^^National donut day, only a few days after we finished Whole 30! Didn't feel bad at all eating one (or two) of those!
^^Date night to the beach :-)
^^I spent hours refolding this wall at Old Navy that I made my coworker take a picture of me haha. Crazy person over there!
^^I love looking down and seeing this red top while cooking.
^^Ballet has started for this girl! I'm not sure if she enjoys going yet. I can't be inside the studio with her (less distractions) but I watch her on a video screen. She participates in everything, but when we talk about ballet, she goes "Mommy, I don't really want to talk about that." So...maybe she needs something more active again like gymnastics? I'm at a loss!
^^Celebrating a non-scale victory with not being able to fit into any of my jeans anymore! Everything is too loose. Guess that's a good thing :-) Shopping trip for me!
^^little Ellie fingers :-) It has been fun to grocery shop for the girls. We are always trying to introduce healthier foods and a bigger variety. If Brinley had it her way, she would eat a PB&J every day for every meal and call it good. For Ellie, it would be raisins and hot dogs. Yikes.
^^bath time is the best time
^^play group swimming
^^love that guy!
^^the girls and Ryan came into ON one Saturday to say hello. I love it when they visit!
^^Divaaaaa!
^^my runs have been infrequent with our rain storms and heat index. Sometimes it is just too dang hot out to function! But when we do go, I try and run 2-3 miles. Doesn't sound like much, and it isn't, but pushing that dang double jogger is heavy!
^^play group to the beach! Ellie's saying "beeeeeach!"
^^Kind of proud of my crown braid. Brinley haaaates getting her hair braided. Hates it! But it is always so cute after it is finished and she ends up loving it. We call this her princess crown braid so it's a bit easier to talk her into it when I label it "Princess."
^^One of my little CTR-7 girls got baptized and I was so proud!
^^New niece NORA! She's a gem. 8 lbs 13 oz! Big girl just like her cousin Ellie. She has dark little eyebrows and dark hair. We get to see her in August and I'm planning on lots of cuddle time!
^^Squish in the couch crack.
^^Rare park moment for us. We were there before 9 and only stayed an hour because it was so humid and hot.
^^Publix trip, and eating string cheese because they were just "so hungry mommy, my tummy is hurting." Geez! These kids are bottomless pits.
^^date night!





















Man, you were right, busy June for you all! One of the things I miss about South Florida are those afternoon rain storms. My absolute favorite is going to the beach from like 10-1 or 2 and then making it home just in time for the rain and then you just veg out the rest of the day. Love the updates!
ReplyDeleteWhat is it with hot dogs and raisins?? Nathaniel loves them too! Some nights, he eats a few bites of dinner or no dinner at all and then eats a bunch of raisins. So weird!
ReplyDeleteI want that pink doughnut with sprinkles so bad! haha & I am impressed with your folding skills!
ReplyDelete