I hope we get the birthday/Halloween balance right one of these years. But thankfully, she is still little and doesn't notice "mama going cray cray" too much! It has been an extremely busy month for us, and we're all ready to slow it down over the holidays. We are even taking a break from gymnastics. Brinley is excelling so quickly and they desperately want her to do 2 days a week, but with the expense and time over the next two months, that just sounds insane!
OK, back to Brinley's birthday. The girls woke up and we immediately opened presents of course! And per Brinley's request, we had scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. I was going to have her skip school and play with Ellie and I, but her preschool was having their Fall festival. Days later, I'm still getting information from Brinley of what they actually did, but it sounds like there were pony rides and games and lots of fun food! Her school is just fantastic. We've been so pleased.
a make-up kit (all wood, genius!!), clothes for her American Doll, Frozen Trouble game, new puzzles, a dog purse, and some new kitchen tools
After I picked up Brinley, we had fun quiet time while Ellie napped. We decided to do an early birthday dinner at our favorite Mulligan's. We always have such a wonderful time there! And the food is always amazing.
We raced home, got the girls into their costumes, did hair, make up, the works! and met our friends to do some trick or treating! The night of course was wonderful, but those girls were just exhausted when we got home. We should have brought a stroller for Ellie, heck, we should have brought the double jogger for BOTH of them. They both needed it for sure by the end of our trick or treating. The girls got lots of yummy treats and Ryan and I had a great time too. It was a beautiful night and we just get these moments sometimes like, WE are parents now! It is a funny thing to trick or treat with your own kids. I don't know if that makes any sense, but life is just fun and different at the same time since becoming parents.
easily the coolest house we saw! It is so inviting for kids, don't you think? haha
parent-tax! Yay!
The next night, we had our Ward Halloween party and it did NOT disappoint! They always put on an amazing show and we had such a fun time. This year, I had to go around with my Primary class to trick or treat, so Ryan stayed back in our designated room to hand out candy. I'm not exactly sure why we don't do a Trunk or Treat, but it sure is fun keeping everyone together inside the building. We also had a chili cook-off and Ryan and I were able to judge! It was so fun! The chili's that won were delicious and my one regret is not getting a bigger bowl of the winners after we tasted them. Unfortunately, we both had raging heart burn after the party!
Ryan and I decided to dress up too :-)
details coming soon :-)








AAAAHHH! You're pregnant! Congratulations! Can't wait to read all about it!
ReplyDelete(Brinley looks so grown up and looks like you guys really had a fun-packed couple of days!)