Brinley seems to be getting better and better with age (if that's even possible!). That girl never ceases to amaze me. Her sweet personality. Her generosity. Her love for others. Her care and concern for her sister. Her smarts. Her wit. Her sass. Her sensitive heart. Her athletic ability. Everything, she is just the best.
She has loved being in school. It takes us a lot to get out the door some mornings, because she loves to poke around and get distracted. I need to invest in a timer or something because she takes forever to do the simplest tasks. Brushing her teeth can take up to 10 minutes because she is also looking at hair bows, washing her hands, then cleaning the countertops, and then using her toothbrush as a wand.
Her teachers adore her. They are always telling me funny things she says in class. Brinley in doing so well in her preschool, I have no doubt that she will rock it in full-time kindergarten next year. She can count to 100. She can identify some simple basic words and names. She can write her full name. She can write all her numbers. She remembers everything. I think that's what impresses me the most about Brinley. She remembers everything! She can watch or listen to the simplest thing on her favorite show (Wild Kratts) and tell me in full detail days later about what she learned. She has wanted to be a paleontologist, marine biologist, a zoo keeper, and lately, she wants to be a "Wildlife Biologist." She loves all animals! I wish we had a zoo close by. But thankfully, books from the library, educational shows about animals, and just her curiosity helps fuel her need for information. I guess the perfect word for Brinley's interest is EAGER. She wants to learn everything. Can't blame her, we live in a very interesting world!
This video sums up Brinley pretty accurately.
Another thing I love about Brinley is her sensitive little heart. She is always helping, loving, and caring for Ellie. She loves to give Ellie hugs and kisses and make sure she is happy. Brinley does the same thing with me. Kisses and hugs all the time. Brinley rarely has a sad crying moment, but she still can throw a pretty nuclear tantrum. She melts down when she didn't get enough sleep the night before and is rundown from the day (don't we all feel that way sometimes!?). Some nights, she begs just to go to bed. "No books. No songs. I just want to sleep, mommy."
Brinley can't wait to be a big sister again. She is constantly asking me what she can do to help when the baby gets here. She has been finding her and Ellie's old baby toys and setting them aside for him to use. I know I am going to appreciate her helpfulness with the baby, but especially about Ellie. Entertaining Ellie and keeping her out of trouble is Brinley's favorite thing to do, so I know she will be happy to boss her around.
Brinley, you're the best and we love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment