Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July


We had such a fun 4th of July this year. I was thinking about last year's 4th when Ryan and I were both working, Ryan was working a wedding (we still hate those people who got married on the 4th who ever they are!!!) and I was working at the Gap. Ryan, of course, was working until 3 am and couldn't come over to celebrate with me. I took Sophie down to the dock and watched fireworks alone......SO this year was going to be 10000 times better just because Ryan and I were together and ready to celebrate.

Around noon, we headed down to Rigby Lake to catch some rays and enjoy our time with my best friend, Katie Denkers who came up for the weekend. I am also grateful because I was able to reconnect with my good friend Mindy who was my neighbor and roommate here at BYU-I! Mindy, her husband John and their adorable baby boy Howie are actually planning on moving to The Village!! We are so excited!


Ryan and I with Howie!! We love him! He is the most well tempered baby ever and I can't wait for our BeeBee to come!!


Poor Howie!!


I seriously treasure this girl! Love you Katie!!


Cute Mindy with Howie

After Rigby Lake and I realized I didn't put on sunscreen earlier enough in the day.....yes I am paying for that dumb move! I am SO burned. Seriously. And it is only on the front of my body because I was sitting in a lawn chair for awhile...great!

Ryan and I then had some friends over from the ward to BBQ. I am such a dummy because I have no cute pics to show from our BBQ. Around 8:30PM we left for Idaho Falls to go see the fireworks. We ran into Katie and the crew again to say goodbye to Katie and then headed closer to wait for the fireworks to start.



This was our groupie:


The Hagge's (Christian and Nicole)


The Marcum's (Chris and Julia)


And of course, Ryan and me

The fireworks were great! The little BeeBee was jumping all over the place in my tummy! Every boom she kicked right back.

And I know you're thinking, wait, aren't you Canadian? Oh yes. Canada Day was on July 1st and I wore my Canadian Flag pin to class!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa. so much fun reconnecting with Katie and MIndy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny she kicked during the fireworks! Noah was totally quiet, so maybe the noise put him to sleep?? You look so cute, and you're a million times braver than I am to wear a swimsuit while pregnant. Only a few more weeks till we get to hang out again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun 4th! i love celebrating the 4th in idaho falls. so many good memories. and rigby lake! miss it so!

    how fun that you got to hang with katie and mindy. her baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete