Honestly, I try to keep my trashy shows to a minimum. (but don't ask Ryan because he'd say differently...)
-
Maybe because the NYC Housewives isn't on anymore...hahaha
-
Anyways, I enjoy watching shows about babies (i.e. TLC Baby Story) but I haven't enjoyed watching I Didn't Know I was Pregnant Because I think they are all liars. Trust me, you KNOW when you're pregnant. When that baby inside you moves around like an octopus, you definitely know it's NOT gas. I also hate The Secret Life of an American Teenager. No comments for that show. I am so tired of hearing about these young teenage girls getting pregnant in high school.
-
I have recently come across the new MTV show 16 and Pregnant. It's like a car crash....it's so painful to watch but you can't turn away. For most of the season, I haven't been impressed at all with these girls who become pregnant at 16. It's pretty simple, you have unprotected sex, you can get pregnant. They must have missed that day in High School health class. And the whining and complaining about "being young" and "missing out on Prom" and "my Mom won't help me" and "why can't you take care of the baby while I go out and party?" blah blah blah...sick of it!!! Take responsibility!!
-
This last show that I watched, however, was definitely different. This poor couple seriously looked SO young and I was so sad for them. They decided early on that they would consider adoption because both their families were extremely messed up and dysfunctional. They knew that family support would not be an option. Both their parents were against the adoption plans because the Dad said the son wasn't "manning up to his responsibilities" and "providing a good life for their baby." The son quickly responded, "sorry Dad, you spent 10 years of my life in Prison...you can't say anything about providing for Your family." Those kids were strong until the end. They found a wonderful family to give the baby to and everything was so tender. Ryan goes, "I bet they're Mormon." hahaha They weren't, but you could tell that they were the right family for this baby.
-
And yes, I cried throughout the whole show.
-
We will both screw up a lot. Duh, isn't that a given characteristic when you become a parent? But, at least I know we did one thing right as parents. Ryan and I have been sealed as a family for Time and All Eternity. Our baby, BGB (baby girl Briggs) as my mom calls her, will be born into the covenant which means she will be receiving blessings because of our Temple marriage and she is sealed to us, for Eternity. Life is hard. Life is always hard, but because we have set this standard in our marriage, I know we will be able to take on the world.
--
The three of us.
So, I got caught watching 16 and pregnant the other day. I work at an OBGYN office and was like oh what's this about..and i was balling my eyes at that episode!!! I was proud of those kids for being the adults compared to their parents. And beautiful blog by the way...I can't wait to see pictures of BGB..even though I have never even met you guys, I feel like you're friends. :)
ReplyDeleteIm not going to lie... i also CRIED! like hard core during that episode... but you guys will be great nothing to worry about. :)
ReplyDeleteyou are going to be one amazing mama! this post of your gave me the goosebumps...because, we really are SO lucky.
ReplyDeleteOh man I agree with you on those shows, but I like the Orange County housewives the best! The other pregnancy shows with the teenagers make me so mad, we did it the right way and we dont get publicity!! Plus my sisters are that age and I am so scared that this is what they are being exposed too, its so crazy and horrible. And I didnt know I was pregnant is INSANE!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for temple blessings, we are so lucky!
FOUND YOU BACK!!!
ReplyDeleteYEah now we can blogging buddies i am so excited! Your blog was hilarious! I have to admit i think we have the same brain for real cause you said everything i would have said bout all those shows! haha i think im way more guilty then you are for watching trashy reality shows...haha your blog is adorable and ps...we need to hang out like asap!