Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Not Scheduled

This past Sunday, I was not doing well at all. I must admit, I have had a great pregnancy. Full of normal aches and pains and complaints. Sunday was not one of those days. I had the sharpest pain in my right lower side I couldn't sleep, couldn't get out of bed, and nothing helped it at all. My biggest worry was my appendix or gall bladder. Next, I called my Visiting Teacher (I may suck at VT but Sadie is a wonderful VT to me)....she just happens to be a Labor and Delivery Nurse at the Hospital and she said that it could also be a kidney stone. Oh geez....I hear those are worse than labor! She told us to not hesitate to go to the hospital. So off we went. It was good because we've been planning on pre-registering and touring so why not make it a legit trip instead of a visit?? hahaha

So why is it when you're crying over an ache and then finally when you get a professional to look at it, it vanishes? and never comes back? That's exactly what happened. My nurse was fantastic. She hooked me up to the baby monitors and it was actually very fun listening to BGB's little heart beat away. I forgot, but it was Ryan's first time hearing her heart beat (some wife I am....) but she was all healthy. But for me, my blood pressure was really high. I told her that I was suffering all week from bad headaches that just wouldn't let up and I also had some pains in my upper chest but I've assumed it was little feet stuck in my ribs. The nurse called my doctor and they discussed my issues. They are worried that with my high blood pressure, it might be the signs of preclampsia. Ohhh great. I didn't have any proteins in my urine which is the 2nd indicator of preclampsia. I don't have any swelling either. Unfortunately, high BP is in my family so I wasn't surprised.

So long story short...my doctors are just going to keep a closer eye on my BP to make sure we get it under control. But if not, I may be induced a week or 2 early because it puts the baby at risk. So I go into the hospital for one problem and leave with a potentially worse problem! I am doing great and Ryan has taken charge to make sure I do not do ANYTHING anymore. Thanks baby. I'm not on doctor's bed rest....I'm on Husband's bed rest.

7 comments:

  1. Gotta luv the husband's bed rest! Enjoy it while you can. :) Ryan is a great husband! We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... how weird is that?? When you were complaining about your 3+ day headache, a red flag went up for me, but I didn't want to be a downer. :) No reason to get you all worked up over nothing. Just rest alot, and take comfort in the fact that when they induced me, it actually was slightly less scary than going into labor on my own... at least I was already where I needed to be and the drugs were right there whenever I was ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ewww bummer. I hope everything turns out ok. sometimes being induced takes forever and often ends up in c-section. if they DO have to induce you, just be prepared for that, and a really long day. Donavon didnt pack anything for himself and was bored out of his mind while i slept through my labor. Hopefully everything goes away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a good husband. You make sure you take care of yourself. the longer that baby can stay in the better. I Hope your BP gets better. I'm glad you got checked at the hospital.. I always have the same thing happen that the symptoms go away, but better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are doing much better!!! Sorry to hear you were in such pain. Keep us posted- we are so excited to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness Megan! I didnt know you had right upper abdomen pain as well! you better take some serious resting time so you dont have to be induced! That way you can come in while im working!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear that you have high BP. That is never fun to hear. I had high BP the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I was put on bed rest week 38 and induced week 39. I had the swollen ankles, feet and everything. It was the longest couple of days ever, but a healthy baby was born, so it made it all worth it. Good luck and really take it easy.

    ReplyDelete