Oh dear Meagan...I have ZERO adivce on this subject simply because I HATE nursing bras! I wear them for the first couple of week and then I switch back to regular bras that I pull down or up when I nurse. HOWEVER, I strongly recommend the night time nursing bra from Motherhood Maternity for the nights! Its fantastic. Just a soft cotton,looser fitting yet still supportive enough for night, easy to work, no hassle bra! They run about $12!
Ew nursing bras. I hate them. To be honest I ended up wearing a regular bra and just pulled it up to nurse. Since we're extra special in the underwear department it just makes it a nightmare unless you are wearing the nursing tops but small boobs me doesnt fit into them so even if I had a nursing bra on, it was pointless because I was still tugging and pulling and yeah... I pretty much had to get undressed to nurse LOL. A few times my hubby came home and I was pretty much just topless on the sofa nursing. It was such a pain. You'll probably have to buy a few and try them out, but go for comfort. When you get full it hurts!! and I agree w/ the motherhood night time bra, its almost like a sports bra. oh and DONT forget to buy LOTS of nursing pads!!!!!!!
I have a mimi maternity nursing bra. In my experience, I feel like regular bras are less comfortable because you need room to expand. I would recommend getting a nursing top, it was always a lot easier for me. They run for about $38 - $40. Everyone has different likes, so you will have to find what works best for you...Good luck!
OK I love my nursing bras lol everyone is so different you'll find what you like eventually. I got the nighttime ones from motherhood too and then one WITHOUT an underwire from there too. I really liked it, Ryan tends to be a messy eater so if I just pulled my regular bra down it would be soaked.PLUS the no wire nursing bra from motherhood stretches to fit your ever-changing cup size!
I had a hard time finding one the right size, and motherhood has a no return policy. I ended up buying a couple without underwire from Wal-Mart and they worked really well... but agree about the extra layers anyway, you are practically topless when you nurse anyway! Good luck finding the right one!!
It's funny to read all these different responses- I LOVE NURSING BRAS!!!! I tried doing the whole pull the bra and shirt up and I hated it and it was cold (especially in those Rexburg winters you'll want some nursing attire:P) My favorite bras are some that I found at Target- they don't have underwire but in my experience when you're nursing you don't need underwire- they hold themselves up very well! They are really comfortable to wear day and night- call me if you want the brand - I'm not sure right now- and they are only between 12-15 dollars--- Love you!!!
K, I tried a few different ones. Bought a few at Motherhood Maternity and hated them! Could not take them back, was in a bind and needed one bad cuz I was HUGE! Anyway, my husband ran to Walmart and got one of the soft cotton ones there. I wore it seriously for 9 months straight! It was the best thing that ever happen! He had NO idea what he was doing, I just told him a sized and that was it. Whatever you do, underwire is a definite No! At least it was with me. To each his own!. Good luck girl
You already know about what I did from my email.....but I have to say an Underwire is great.....it helps you look like you are not a sagging....as can happen when nursing!!! Which also helps you feel better about how you feel about your self and look better in cloths!!! Just my opinion.
You definitely need a night bra. I can't remember where I got mine, but they are all pretty similar.
You need to be careful about underwire bras. They can cause you to get clogged ducts and/or mastitis.
In regards to your special underwear circumstances, I just wore my bra underneath for the entire year that I nursed both kids. It was easier to just pull up both shirts at the same time. I know many other mothers that do this too, so it can't be too blasphemous. :)
I loved my nursing bras. I went to a specialty shop in L.A. and they helped. It is best to go after you give birth. Your size will change when your milk comes in. Get some night time bras until then.
Good luck! I loved nursing, but it was hard work at first. You'll figure out what works best for you. A lot of it is trial and error.
Oh dear Meagan...I have ZERO adivce on this subject simply because I HATE nursing bras! I wear them for the first couple of week and then I switch back to regular bras that I pull down or up when I nurse. HOWEVER, I strongly recommend the night time nursing bra from Motherhood Maternity for the nights! Its fantastic. Just a soft cotton,looser fitting yet still supportive enough for night, easy to work, no hassle bra! They run about $12!
ReplyDeleteEw nursing bras. I hate them. To be honest I ended up wearing a regular bra and just pulled it up to nurse. Since we're extra special in the underwear department it just makes it a nightmare unless you are wearing the nursing tops but small boobs me doesnt fit into them so even if I had a nursing bra on, it was pointless because I was still tugging and pulling and yeah... I pretty much had to get undressed to nurse LOL. A few times my hubby came home and I was pretty much just topless on the sofa nursing. It was such a pain. You'll probably have to buy a few and try them out, but go for comfort. When you get full it hurts!! and I agree w/ the motherhood night time bra, its almost like a sports bra. oh and DONT forget to buy LOTS of nursing pads!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI would just use one without a underwire. I just found a couple at Motherhood Maternity.
ReplyDeleteHa! I thought it was only me who didn't use one. :)
ReplyDeleteI have a mimi maternity nursing bra. In my experience, I feel like regular bras are less comfortable because you need room to expand. I would recommend getting a nursing top, it was always a lot easier for me. They run for about $38 - $40. Everyone has different likes, so you will have to find what works best for you...Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOK I love my nursing bras lol everyone is so different you'll find what you like eventually. I got the nighttime ones from motherhood too and then one WITHOUT an underwire from there too. I really liked it, Ryan tends to be a messy eater so if I just pulled my regular bra down it would be soaked.PLUS the no wire nursing bra from motherhood stretches to fit your ever-changing cup size!
ReplyDeleteI had a hard time finding one the right size, and motherhood has a no return policy. I ended up buying a couple without underwire from Wal-Mart and they worked really well... but agree about the extra layers anyway, you are practically topless when you nurse anyway! Good luck finding the right one!!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny to read all these different responses- I LOVE NURSING BRAS!!!! I tried doing the whole pull the bra and shirt up and I hated it and it was cold (especially in those Rexburg winters you'll want some nursing attire:P) My favorite bras are some that I found at Target- they don't have underwire but in my experience when you're nursing you don't need underwire- they hold themselves up very well! They are really comfortable to wear day and night- call me if you want the brand - I'm not sure right now- and they are only between 12-15 dollars--- Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteK, I tried a few different ones. Bought a few at Motherhood Maternity and hated them! Could not take them back, was in a bind and needed one bad cuz I was HUGE! Anyway, my husband ran to Walmart and got one of the soft cotton ones there. I wore it seriously for 9 months straight! It was the best thing that ever happen! He had NO idea what he was doing, I just told him a sized and that was it. Whatever you do, underwire is a definite No! At least it was with me. To each his own!. Good luck girl
ReplyDeleteYou already know about what I did from my email.....but I have to say an Underwire is great.....it helps you look like you are not a sagging....as can happen when nursing!!! Which also helps you feel better about how you feel about your self and look better in cloths!!! Just my opinion.
ReplyDeleteYou definitely need a night bra. I can't remember where I got mine, but they are all pretty similar.
ReplyDeleteYou need to be careful about underwire bras. They can cause you to get clogged ducts and/or mastitis.
In regards to your special underwear circumstances, I just wore my bra underneath for the entire year that I nursed both kids. It was easier to just pull up both shirts at the same time. I know many other mothers that do this too, so it can't be too blasphemous. :)
I loved my nursing bras. I went to a specialty shop in L.A. and they helped. It is best to go after you give birth. Your size will change when your milk comes in. Get some night time bras until then.
Good luck! I loved nursing, but it was hard work at first. You'll figure out what works best for you. A lot of it is trial and error.