The much anticipated weekend is now gone.
I have been looking forward to this weekend since we found out we were pregnant. There is nothing better than seeing your husband give your new baby a blessing. My parents and my sister Jill flew in from Salt Lake on Friday and we spent the weekend just hanging out. Ryan's family was still in town but since we saw them for the last week and a half, we decided to dedicate all of our time to my family since they were only here for a few days. Brinley was of course, a doll. My parents were goo goo for that girl. Jill slept over at our place and had morning cuddles with Brinley.
On Saturday, the girls got manicures. We then ate at Winger's for dinner as a group.
And I'm not sure how it came up, but we decided to watch the movie Taken but honestly, I thought my parents were going to have an early heart attack because it was so intense. After the movie my parents were not thrilled we had them watch it. My Mom dreamed of the movie that night and woke up stressed! LOL! I thought it was hilarious. I forgot how many people Liam Nesson kills. He seriously killed all of Paris! My Dad kept thinking of all the times he has been to Europe and how careless he was. It's pretty eye opening and scary to think that the plot of that movie actually happens.
And Sunday was a wonderful day. Some highlights:
>Brinley looked beauuuutiful.
>She had a big poo before Sacrament meeting started. Last thing we needed was a blow out in her dress! Yikes!
>She didn't cry during the blessing! Hooray! My fears diminished!
>Ryan gave such a beautiful blessing. The Priesthood is real and I am so grateful to have it in my life and family.
It was a wonderful day and we feel very blessed!
The Briggs Family (We missed you Chrissy, Mike, Joshua, and Chase!)
My family (We missed you David, Tiffany, Benjamin and baby #2!! and Jared of course!)
oh my goodness she is a little DOLL!!! i know i've said that before...but wow. she is precious. i love LOVE her dress. what a cutie.
ReplyDeletehow fun to have all the fam up too! you look beaUTIFUL.
p.s. when does school start for you?? i go back tomorrow.
boooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I know what you mean about the anticipation. I can't wait to see Chris hold her and I can't wait for her blessing. It sounds like it was a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love brinley. I love your parents. and I love you. that's so great that jill could make it out. brinley's dress is beautiful. what a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful weekend! You're right, there is nothing like watching your husband give your baby a blessing.
ReplyDeleteIt is always fun to have family visit! Brinley is so beautiful and you look great! I love the baby bling bracelet. Kimball has one too!
I wish we could have been there to see her gorgeous dress in person! glad that special day went SO well!
ReplyDeleteaw shoot girl i won't be there!! the only english class i have tomorrow is 314 :( my schedule's full of comm classes this semester on account of my minor. they're not nearly as fun as my english classes. poo. can we pleeease hang out sometime though?? i just have to meet/hold/squeeze this gorgeous little girl!! plus, i guess you're kind of fun to hang out with, too ;)
ReplyDelete