Monday, November 1, 2010

What a weekend!

I. am. soooooooooooo. TIRED!!! I am so exhausted from this weekend. It was a blast! I LOVED having my Mom in town, and of course Sophie :-) Brinley loves my Mom, but she LOVES Sophie. She had so much fun with Sophie, everytime we wanted to put her down for a nap, she would loooooose it. So, she basically ran on only one nap everyday for the past week. That is not good at all for Brinley. Brin is like her mommy and daddy in the fact that we all NEED our sleep, or we are cranky-poos.

Brin's new "I'm One" thing is shaking her head no and nodding yes. I have no idea if she does in response, but it seems like every time we ask her if she wants to eat something, she shakes her head. Greaaaaaat. Already has attitude!

Brinley is Such a lucky girl. She was spoiled rotten. I want to thank everyone for their wonderful gifts and cards you sent. You all were wayyyyyy to generous and kind. What's funny, is that I was complaining to some girls in my ward that Brin is still wearing 6-9 mon jammies and they are SUPER tight and I was too lazy to get her new ones. Guess what? She got 5 new pairs of jammies!!! I was floored!!! and sooo excited to not have to go out and buy them myself!! My Mom brought way too much, of course, but she couldn't help it!

Brin fabulous gifts from everyone:
lots of books
some new clothes and dresses
jammies!
bath toys
a cute 3-way wagon from Radio Flyer
stackable boxes (that she loooooves)
a barn with fuzzy animals that make noises
a fisher price fish bowl that plays music
baby einstein A-Z books
foam letter blocks
a beautiful Book of Mormon book that has flaps
new walking shoes

We were all expecting Brinley to wake up with a mouthful of teeth, buuuuuuut of course....NONE! My brother thinks we need to think about baby teeth implants.

She is SO spoiled. Seriously, we are so grateful for our wonderful families and friends who made this day SO special for Brinley. Thank you!

Here are some fun pictures from the week:

Reading with Grammy. Brin loves books about doggies.


Brinley's 1st Halloween outfit from Grammy. Isn't she adorable!!!??



I know, I know. SO cute, huh??


Brinley in her 2nd Halloween outfit from Grammy.


Brin and Sophie playing. They were so cute. Sophie was so gentle with her!


Taking a walk around Lake Ella (it's really just a man-made lake that the homeless people love to take over, buuuut people LOVE walking/running around the lake with their families and pets). It was a perfectly sunny day, low humidity, around 75 degrees.




Going out for dinner and walking downtown.




On our way to church. Happy Birthday Brinnners!




Brin in her birthday suit! LOL she was busy running around and got really hot. Her mouth was also really hurting her so she is sucking on ice cubes in her sack.



Her poor frozen face!!! lol I think it helped though!


We had a fabulous time with my Mom! We were sad to see her leave, but we are looking forward to being together again at Christmas time! She booked me and Brinley a one-way on Nov. 30th. Ryan thought it would be best if Brin and I weren't around during his 2 week finals week. So, off we go! The day after finals week starts! He'll drive up to Charlotte on Dec. 10th when he is done. We are excited!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, that last picture looks SO familiar. Frozen faces, gotta love em. I love that one of her with her orangey dress and headband. You gotta look at that and think, "wow, I have an adorable child." You just gotta! I am thrilled she liked the blocks. Is she drinking REAL milk now? Is she facing forward in her carseat? What changes now that she is one?

    For me, I am counting down the days when I can stop nursing. I know, it's horrible. I just am sooo done. The only problem is, I see no end in sight. Greta still wants to nurse 4 times a day. I tried to start weaning by giving her some formula. She wouldn't even SWALLOW IT! What am I going to do? Hahaha.

    I am real excited for you to head up to NC again. It makes me think I need a trip to see my mom. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i LOVE her!! i can't get over all of her adorable little halloween outfits! she is one lucky girl to have her b-day on halloween.

    and it looks like you guys had a blast with your mom!!

    p.s. brin still has a package coming in the mail...it should get there soon! {SO sorry it's late...boo for me!} but now she has something to look forward to :)

    love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe that picture of Brin and Sophie is just too cute.
    I can't believe all of the hair Brinley has!! People keep saying Noah has a lot, but it's so fair, you can't tell... and really, it's nothing like Brin's!

    Loved the pictures! I hope we get to see yall more this time around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little family you have! Brinley has the cutest expressions!
    I added you to my list. We should plan a weekend that we can have a Florida get-together! It's pretty ghetto around here, but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, adorable pics of that lil bug! I'm glad yall enjoyed your first Halloween in Tally!

    Where did yall go to eat downtown??? Harry's? If not, you MUST sometime b/f you peace up out of here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just Sooooo beautiful!! I love her Halloween outfits!! Happy birthday brin, i can't believe she is one!

    ReplyDelete