Wednesday, January 19, 2011

a day

My girlfriend Livi tagged me to post a "typical day" in my life. Trust me, it is verrrry interesting. Get excited!!
(yesterday)
Wake up at 7:48am. Finally heard Brinley after remembering that Ryan was already downstairs studying for the past hour. It was my morning to get Brinley. Why I thought it was Sunday is beyond me. Monday holiday's always screw me up.

Greet my baby girl. Pick her up. Watch her throw her binky in the crib. Change her bum.

Walk down the stairs. Brinley runs into the downstairs room to find her daddy.

She hangs with him while I mix up her oatmeal with whole milk. Microwave the milk for 20 seconds, mix oatmeal, and stir.

Brin eats the whole bowl. I cut up a banana and put it on her tray.

I decide to eat a bowl of cereal. Publix brand of Honey Bunches of Oats. It was actually more "bunchy" than the name brand!

9:00am Brin and I put on our coats and drive daddy to School today. This is an exciting time for us. We haven't driven him to school for months!

Lock the doors when we get to "Frenchtown." It is labeled the more sketchy area. Thankfully, the road through is heavily populated so I'm not too freaked. Sometimes I enjoy looking at who's out and about, esp those with a brown bag drink. You get the idea...

9:28am Get back to the house. Play with Brin.

9:48am Put Brinley down for her morning nap. She's rubbing her eyes.

I blog for awhile. Check my email. Decide to take a shower and get ready before Brin wakes up from her nap.

11:48am Brin wakes up. We eat lunch. Jelly sandwich for B. Left over Hungry Howie's from last night for me.

12:35pm Head to the WIC office for Brin's (much late) year appt and check up. Momma's fault on that one, just couldn't pull it together before the Holiday's to take her in.

2:10pm Get home. Excited she weighed 20.8 pounds and was 29 inches long. BIG deal for her! Go girl!

2:20pm Put Brin down for her afternoon nap. She cries for 20 minutes before I go get her. If she isn't asleep in 10 minutes, she doesn't want to nap. So I bring her down and we play. Pewwwww....stinky bum, B! Change her. Get back to playing. Pop in "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and fix myself a snack.

4:40pm Go pick up daddy from the law school. Drive back home.

5:07pm Get home. Pull out some chicken for dinner. Cover with cream of chicken soup and italian seasoning mix and cover chicken in a pyrex dish. Set oven at 375.

Brin's eating ravioli and meatballs and green beans.

6:30pm Early bedtime for Brin tonight. She is tired from not taking her afternoon nap.

6:45pm I leave for Mutual night. We're doing news casts of The Book of Mormon stories. Totally fun idea and great participation!
8:30pm Get home. Smooch Ryan. Check on Brin sleeping in her crib. Give him the keys because he needs to go to the Church for basketball night.

Put on PJ's. Check my email. Blog. Mope about our cable plug not working, forcing Ryan to get to the Comcast store tomorrow to actually cancel our cable for realsies...

Bring the sewing machine down. Pull out a gift my wonderful mother-in-law gave me. It's an apron that you just have to cut and sew together. I added rick-rack to it. It looks so cute!
10:30pm Ryan gets home. Ewww stinky, he jumps in the shower. Wash face. brush teeth. Floss. mouth wash.

11:10pm We watch 2 episodes of Arrested Development season 1. Apparently, we were absent during 2003-2005 while it was airing because neither one of us has seen an episode. We are on episode away from finishing the 1st season.

11:25pm Brin wakes up. Cries on and off for 30 minutes. Ryan and I switch off cuddling and rocking her, putting her back in her crib while she is quiet, and 2 seconds later she cries again. I finally stayed in there long enough where she stayed asleep when I put her down.

11:55pm Sleep.
--repeat.



AFTER

My mom said I could take whatever I wanted of my Oma's old sewing stuff. There is every color lace, rick rack, and binding you could ask for!! WOOO!

I tag: Julia, Kali and Jessie! (if you want to...)


7 comments:

  1. thanks for humoring me! it was so fun to peek into your life. brin has a great momma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Sounds like a pretty sweet day with lil B! Also, CUTE apron! I tag myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE reading posts like this! Cute apron, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just gave me THREE new ideas of what to feed Greta--she would LOVE ravioli! And you look so stinkin cute in that apron. At first I thought it was an italian apron and got all excited, but the little frilly gingerbread are sweeeeeeet.

    I don't know if my life is nearly this exciting, but I will try to keep it interesting when I get around to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun to read about a "typical day" for you guys! you get so much done in a day. not sure if i should post one of these because then the secret will be out that i do NOTHING haha

    i love your apron!! what a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrested development. Best show ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, I am SUPER glad you are catching up on my favorite show. AD is seriously hilarious. Second of all, I have my feelings hurt because you don't want to know all the details of my day. :)

    ReplyDelete