After I published this post, a great friend of mine called me that night. She said, "You know that post you just did? The one about getting through it? We've totally been going through that lately."
And do you know how comforting it was to hear her say that?? This gal, is a gem in my life. I appreciate her so much. She gave me great words of advice and we had a wonderful chat about labor (due this summer with her #2), babies, husbands, weather, Florida alligators, North Carolina mountains, money, struggles, love, and the gospel. She always knows how to bring it home. Annnnnyways, girl, I love you and totally love our phone chats. It was much needed!
And to you who commented, I appreciate you and your words of encouragement. I realize that we are all in the same situation of trying to raise our families, have babies, figure out our life plans and jobs, and try and be happy and blog at the same time. I need you ladies (and readers). We're all in this together. (yes, like HSM).
--
--
This weekend, was so great. We didn't do anything. I am sooooo happy that Ryan had a day off of school early in the semester because he barely studied. We planned on going on an adventure to the beach, or Jacksonville, or St. Augustine, but instead, we just hung around the house. I love doing projects with Ryan. We have such different ideas about things, but really, that helps! It goes something like this, "Babe, why don't I just buy everything, design it in the room, and then you tell me if you like it." Ryan (sometimes) lacks the vision when we are trying new things in the house. So, for our bedroom dreams, I need to get going with the buying!!!
--
--
Yesterday, we went to Target and had a blast. It was raining outside and we all needed to get out of the house. It is the perfect place for Brinley to walk, and walk...and do some more walking. We were by the electronics section checking out some cheap DVD's to add to our collection when we looked over and Brin was walking towards the toys section (right across the aisle). She was reaching for the HUGE balls in the cage. You know, the one you always wanted as kid but Mom never bought it? Well, it was only $2.89 and Brinley was wanting it reallllllly badly. I grabbed the red one and she shook her head and pointed to the purple one. Ryan and I looked at each other and laughed. Ryan grabbed the purple one, and off she went, carrying the ball all around the store.
--
It was pretty funny seeing such a little person carry a ball her size. Brinley has turned into such a funny 1 year old (or should I say...almost 15 month old!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhh). Last night before going to bed, we were talking about how cooooooool Brinners is. She is such a funny and happy girl. Some of her current favorites:
>still loves her books
>loves to be chased around the house
>loves to be tickled
>still looooves cheese
>loves to try and repeat words and sounds back to us. None of the words actually sound like what we are saying, but, she's trying and it is SOO cute!!
>loves to play with other kids. Thankfully, she doesn't care when the older kids take toys or books away from her. Only in due time...
>she loves to give hugs and kisses
We just love our Brinners.
*Aren't her new skinny jeans like...SOO cute??? She looks so grown up.
i was just thinking aloud about her skinny jeans and their darlingness then i thought about her squirrly nutkin type cheeks! she's just beyond words adorable...
ReplyDeletep.s. you look fantastic chica...for reals!
she is ADORABLE!!! seriously, can our kids get married?? :) haha her skinny jeans are amazing.
ReplyDeletewe have totally been through the exact same scenario at target...and we gave in to the giant ball as well. max LOVED it...until it popped. that was a sad day so be careful :)
i love you meagan!! you are wonderful!
Look at you and your gorgeous self--holding the happiest little girl. I love reading about your life and all the happenings. Please NEVER stop. :)
ReplyDeletethanks friend, you're pretty awesome in my book too! And that Brinley...i watched your videos and goodness I can't wait for Zayda to start walking. Brinley is so absolutely adorable, I bet you two have so much fun with her!!
ReplyDelete