Sunday, January 2, 2011

Say {HELLO} to our 'lil friend

It was dramatic.

I got nervous.

And I fell in love with Ryan all over again...it is fun to see his "macho-I'm-a-MAN!" side come out.

Part One

Part Two


(pretty sure I went to the bathroom in this toilet last night...)

Can you tell in my voice that I'm sick?? My cold hit me like a brick wall in about an hour after we put Brinley down for bed Thursday night. I've been fighting it since then. I feel myself getting better though. Do you know how hard it is to drink with your nose completely plugged?? Ya...I gagged a few times. Poor Ryan went to church alone today. I wasn't surprised when I heard Brinley cough a few days before me. Her cousin Carter had been sick with a cold the whole week before we left. It was only a matter of time. Sucking on the same toys for 2.5 weeks?? Yep, it was bound to happen! She just seems to be cough-y, not running nose and head cold business that I'm dealing with.

Our drive back to Tallahassee was fantastic. We left around 8:30am (having to wake Brin up to actually leave...I love that she sleeps in on days that we have something going on!!). Ryan took the first 4 hour leg because I was nasty and sick. The only time Brin lost it was when it was around her first nap. She was coughing and crying so hard she started throwing up. It was pretty sad. I knew that if we stopped to calm her down, we would have the same thing happen again. SO we continued onwards and she finally fell asleep for...45 minutes. We switched drivers after lunch, and I drove the whole way home. If Brinley wasn't freaking out and crying or poopy, we weren't stopping. She did so great! She played with her books, she dozed, she played with her new Quiet Book from Grammy Steele, and played with Daddy.

We are now home trying to recover from the break. THANK goodness Ryan has this week off. We have some fun things planned! Our house is a mess. OH well. I don't care. I built the table Grammy Steele got for Brinley and it is A-DOR-ABLE!!! It is MUCH bigger than I thought...but Brinley has already put Cheerios all over it. She loves it.

9 comments:

  1. Meg...I seriously would have died right then and there! Yeah Ryan for being a brave soul! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! this is hilarious. What a brave husband you have! I love how cool Brinley is about it--no clue. I love your little family. Let's vid chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite parts:
    R: It got out!
    M: What does that mean!?

    Lol!!! hahaha, I watched that part like 3 times just dying laughing. And then Chris and I both cracked up when Ryan proudly dubbed himself "Crocodile hunter!" hahaha. That was hilarious. I also loved the shoutout to Madison Women's clinic. You guys are too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Loved the video! Will did too! Go Ryan the Crocodile Hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. megan, your blog rocks.

    This was so funny. Love the video. I also love the part when ryan says he's the crocodile hunter. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome home!! isn't it great to be back after a super long vaycay?? i can't believe there was a lizard in your toilet! haha what a fun little surprise :)

    p.s. brinley is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the Briggs so much! and PLease tell me you said Butt Voom in the second video. Oh how i miss you!

    brinley is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sick. Sick. Sick. Loved the "i'm the gecko hunter comment". Gotta say though - I'll take lizards in the toilet over our nasty scorpions any day!

    ReplyDelete