It's simple.
I am no fashion Mormon blogger.
(nor do I care to be one)--that's the TRUTH!!
I don't go wild about clothes. I love to look at different fashions, but I usually crinkle my nose at most of it. I don't get most of the new harlem weird pleated pants, and that's only the beginning! This new age vintage 70's look is hard for me. It definitely doesn't make sense being a Mom to wear anything of VALUE. It either gets pooped on, spit up on, colored with a red crayon, or puked on (that last one hasn't happened yet). I guess I worked at The Gap long enough to appreciate my different basic pieces.
Or, maybe it's just really hard to even fathom spending any money on myself when that money could be used for bills. I definitely don't enjoy spending money on anything, let alone clothes for myself. I'd rather spend any extra money on Brin! (or order a pizza). She's a doll. And she has a cute baby bod. So why try and dress my rather weird post-baby body when I could just dress her up all day!??
I am no fashion Mormon blogger.
(nor do I care to be one)--that's the TRUTH!!
I don't go wild about clothes. I love to look at different fashions, but I usually crinkle my nose at most of it. I don't get most of the new harlem weird pleated pants, and that's only the beginning! This new age vintage 70's look is hard for me. It definitely doesn't make sense being a Mom to wear anything of VALUE. It either gets pooped on, spit up on, colored with a red crayon, or puked on (that last one hasn't happened yet). I guess I worked at The Gap long enough to appreciate my different basic pieces.
Or, maybe it's just really hard to even fathom spending any money on myself when that money could be used for bills. I definitely don't enjoy spending money on anything, let alone clothes for myself. I'd rather spend any extra money on Brin! (or order a pizza). She's a doll. And she has a cute baby bod. So why try and dress my rather weird post-baby body when I could just dress her up all day!??
The everyday look:
Mornings- white Hanes v-neck shirt I slept in and some variety of my short or capri length pj pants. If I can get dressed before 3pm, that's pretty good. Usually, I can brush my teeth, put on a bra, put on a simple tee and shorts by lunch time. BUT- it's all done one by one. It is impossible with watching 3 kids to do anything more than 2 minutes when they're all up. Now with Ryan home at lunch time, that's when I take 10 minutes and get it all completed. Why don't you wake up before they get there and get dressed?? Um- ya, I value my sleep. So I wake up 10 minutes before they get here. I tried that one time and I was even more tired all day!
AFTER I spent 5 minutes on myself.
--
I must say, the biggest effort I put into my "style" is on Sunday's. And what a perfect day to be totally glam and magnify my Sunday Best dress! It's also a great way to give everyone the idea that I'm glam ALL the time :-) Yaaa if only they saw me Monday morning; back to those white v-neck shirts and pj pants. HECK! If they saw me 3 seconds after getting home from church...back to comfy clothes. We definitely aren't Sunday clothes all day on Sunday. I've never really understood why people stay in their Sunday clothes all day. I do try (most of the time) to wear nice clothes, or just change out of my skirt and put on shorts, but you can still be keeping the Sabbath day holy in jeans, right? Or am I wrong??
--
And don't get to comfortable with my long hair. It's going away on June 10th. YAY!
(maybe, haven't decided yet!!)
--
What are your fashion truths??
TT 11
v-neck, pony tail, haven't brushed my teeth, and no make up.
--AFTER I spent 5 minutes on myself.
Hair, make up, teeth, AND a cute shirt. Quadruple Threat Baby!!
--
One of the very few good things about my weekly doctors visits awhile back was that I got dressed up to go to the doctors! I actually straightened my hair, put on some make up, wore something cute, and strutted my stuff for my 15 minute appointment and 30 minute round trip drive. So for an hour, once a week, I went glam. But- now I'm not going weekly so there is no reason to get dressed up all cute to just hang around the house!--
I must say, the biggest effort I put into my "style" is on Sunday's. And what a perfect day to be totally glam and magnify my Sunday Best dress! It's also a great way to give everyone the idea that I'm glam ALL the time :-) Yaaa if only they saw me Monday morning; back to those white v-neck shirts and pj pants. HECK! If they saw me 3 seconds after getting home from church...back to comfy clothes. We definitely aren't Sunday clothes all day on Sunday. I've never really understood why people stay in their Sunday clothes all day. I do try (most of the time) to wear nice clothes, or just change out of my skirt and put on shorts, but you can still be keeping the Sabbath day holy in jeans, right? Or am I wrong??
--
And don't get to comfortable with my long hair. It's going away on June 10th. YAY!
(maybe, haven't decided yet!!)
--
What are your fashion truths??
TT 11


I live in white vneck hanes too! My truth is as much as I love fashion I resort to easy to wear outfits :)
ReplyDeleteThat is sooo true I though I was the only one that when ever I have a little bit of extra money I buy Kelsea shoes or a shirt even if is just a little I will spend it on her or a movie or pizza hahaha so yes I know your pain Is just that she looks sooo much cutter than I do (I think) hehehe
ReplyDeleteI have pretty much put all of my fashion truths out there already. For better or worse. Haha. Growing up we stayed in our Sunday clothes ALLLLLL DAYYYY. Until like 7pm. Now, I usually stay in them for a couple hours after church and then I change. I think I try to stay in them as long as possible because really, sometimes it's the only day I get ready. Hahaha.
ReplyDeleteMy fashion truths are:
ReplyDelete1. I'm a jeans and t-shirt type of girl. In the summer I wear jeans and capri's (usually denim). I wear flip flops all summer and Uggs all winter!
2. The only time I get glammed up is when I go out for girls night or with my hubby. But keep in mind, glammed up means I put on heels with my jeans and change into a nicer t-shirt.
3. I wear simple jewelry. Its almost always silver. A watch, my wedding ring, earrings and a simple necklace.
4. I wear my Sunday best on Sunday's and am back into pj's 5 minutes after I get home. And yes, you can still keep the sabbath day even if you're not in your church clothes.
5. I do my hair and make-up every day, even if I don't get around to it until 5 minutes before TJ gets home. I have to or I don't feel human.
7. It is very rare for me to be ready for the day before my kids.
6. After 5 minutes of work on yourself you look fantastic!
THE WHITE V-NECK T'S made me laugh because i am in them 24/7! dead serious. and i usually stay in them for doctors appt's... jord will leave in the morning for work, and i will be sitting in my pj's nursing on the couch, and he will come home and i will STILL be in my pj's nursing on the couch. oh the life of a mother- gotta love it! ;)
ReplyDeleteI loved this, because I kept saying out loud "me too! me too!" The truthiest tuesday yet.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You're super gorgeous in BOTH sets of pictures.
i think we could be twins. hanes crew neck & "fat pants" for me. LOL
ReplyDelete