Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trunk or Treat

Everything went perfectly! I was stressed for weeks because I had basically put myself in charge of the planning, set up, and having everything go without any problems! It was an absolute success. and there were tons of people there! I didn't get any pictures of the decor, but it was super cute too. 

Ry was the Knight in Shining armor coming up with our costume last minute: Lost Hikers. It was great. We strapped on our hiking boots, plaid shirt and jean shorts, tangled hair, and of course, our camel packs. It was awesome. I totally enjoyed putting make up on Ry too. He kept pulling away and squinting his eyes!! Come on babe, it's not so bad. Guess it was pretty tramatic for him. Everyone knew what we were, which is always a success when it is a homemade-out of the closet type of costume. 

Brinley was of course, adorable. Her costume was perfect for her. She ran around non-stop the WHOLE time. She loved every minute of it. She finally settled down and told me she was super hungry. Someone was a genius and brought rice and mac and cheese, so I served her up a bowl and she ate the whole thing. We had a great turn out of about 20+ soups and they were licked clean. I made a fabulous vegetarian chili from Martha Stewart, but instead of zucchini's, I sautéed orange pepper with the onion, added in some red pepper flakes for a kick, and it was an awesome chili. Definitely going to make that one again for the family! 
okay, me, not so much. But Brinley's face is SO classic. Nooo mama!!! NOOOO!!!! You would think we were pulling her nails out. 

Lost Hikers and little boo boo Ghost!

I invited the family of the little girl I watch. That's her mama Jeni and May on the right. Brinley is obsessed with Jeni. So glad they came!

Um, is that Miss Frizzle? Heck ya it is!! 

Miss Frizzle, (Freya) and the Magic school bus aka Brett, her husband :-) What a trooper.

Little Ghost girl! She was a doll. 


DJ Lance and Plex!!!! Our great friends Chris and Kendal. Chris looked, sounded, and danced exactly like DJ Lance!!! Brinley really did think it was him! 

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle GO! Hoooold stillllll! They were jamming!

aaaa-break it dooooown

Look at her face!! She LOVED him. She went up to him and said, Trick or Treat DJ Lance!!
 --
It was such a wonderful night and the perfect way to kick off the last week of October! We probably won't be doing much more "Halloween-ie" stuff with Brinley being young. We had a great time and glad everything came together.

6 comments:

  1. So fun! We have our trunk or treat this week and I am hoping it goes as well as yours did. Hunter and I still have NO idea what we are going to be- yay for last minute costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good! Great job with the last minute costumes! Hope ours goes well this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry we missed the party! Hey, don't be done with Halloween yet! I'm bringing the dogs with their Halloween outfits! We must go somewhere to show them off! Counting the days...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You guys seriously looked great and your friends had some good ideas too. I am so happy it was such a success (I knew it would be). ;) Now bring on the birthday bash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE yours and ryan's last minute costumes- genius!! and brin... sheesh... she cannot get much cuter. so so adorable!! ours is this friday (will be my first outing since the baby!) and cannot wait to get the boys' in their costumes. glad it went great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay trunk or treat! it was definitely a success! and your costumes were perfect! gotta love homemade costumes!

    ReplyDelete