Monday, October 3, 2011

We went to Chuck E Cheese

I was hesitant at first. I had a very weird day of not feeling well and random spurts of anxiety, and was not in the mood for Chuck E Cheese. 

but, Ryan convinced me that we needed to go and that I would feel better going. and he was totally right. 

We met up with our great friends, and had the greatest time. I seriously went crazy with the games that spit out the most tickets. I couldn't help it! You know the game with the lights going round and round and you hit the button when the light comes around into the "bonus" area?? I did that game probably 9 times and got over 100 tickets. Fa-reaaaaked out. I'm sure I scared some children with my excitement!
the Browns, with Zander in the baby sling.

Brinley's favorite ride. She would put her head on the man's shoulder during the ride. Soo cute!

I kept giggling. Remember, we decided to go for Brinley, but I think I had a better time! She would point to the giant Mouse walking around (which has always weirded me out) and say, "Big Mouse!!! Big Mouse!!!!" Brinley loved the cars, giant white horse, and the games where you use a big hammer to hit random animals that popped up sporadically. She touched probably everything. I had to kick my germ-freak-mom attitude when we entered the doors because, lets be honest, Chuck E Cheese isn't the cleanest  place to have your kids play. However, we all had a nice lather of sanitizer when we walked to our cars.
the very intense horse riding game. The horse even jumped! It was crazy, I kept screaming. 

what a cute little face! Love her!

Ry was so excited to be there too!

We finally made our way over to the skee-ball. Ryan killed it. Me? Not so much. I'm a reckless bowler. Never consistent. 
Brinley enjoyed climbing up on the skee-ball lanes and steal all Ryan's bowling balls!

Ry in action.

We racked up the tickets. 157. 157!!! We saved the slip for, (get this), next time. Because yes, there WILL be a next time :-)

and of course we finished the night off at Chick-Fil-A for their Friday night Family Night! Free kids meal! Hollar! (did I just say that??)

It was such a fun family date night. I had a blast, and it was exactly what I needed.

13 comments:

  1. So fun! Thanks for letting us come crash your date night. I mean, make it better of course. hehe. I love that place. Where a kid can be a kid :) We'll have to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny fact about Chuck E Cheese aka "The Chuck", Lance worked there for two years in the kitchen and would get to dress as the Chuck sometimes. There are actually a few people in the ward who worked there for a little bit. It was like the place to work when we were teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are a brave, brave woman. lol. However, I do have to say, I LOVE SKEEBALL!! That's always been my favorite. I just may have to put on my cool-mom pants and take N soon. I bet he'd love it. Glad yall had a good time!

    (ps. don't know why, but I just had a random moment of "holy crap, we all have KIDS". lol. seems like we were just at your reception and hanging out at Carowinds and the corn maze! Now we're all real adults who take their kids to Chuck E Cheese. haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should totally sign up on the Chuck E Cheese website to get coupons! They send emails with free tokens or $20 deal (pizza, drinks, and tokens) coupons. I just got an email to celebrate Savannah's half-birthday with 20 free tokens-James is loving having a baby sister. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Fun Fun!!! We will probably go back, too. Greta loved it too much. And that "bonus" game you talked about. You can see me in our video randomly press the button and getting 121 tickets! I was SO embarrassed. We didn't even think to save our tickets voucher! Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun night! wish i hadn't been glasses shopping, i didn't even end up finding any!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely never had that much fun with you kids at ChuckECheese! Maybe it will be better as a granny - lets go when we get there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We watched that video and thought...did she seriously just win that game!??? It didn't even look like you were playing it and so it caught me off guard! I got 1 light away multiple times in a row, Ry gave me the "you're weird" look and so I went back to being a mom. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to! But Ryan says the place smells like stinky BO and dirty feet. But Brinley had SO much fun! I think if you don't eat there, it is totally ok to go to just play games. Brinley just runs around from car to car and sits inside for 5 seconds and then gets out. It is SO worth the $$ for tokens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOOOOO! Okay next time, yall BETTER come with. Just don't judge me when I get excited over getting those tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ALWAYS think about our corn maze and pumpking carving night at your place this time of year!!! It is crazy to think that that was 3 yrs ago. LOTS has happened!!! I'm trying to find some fun corn maze activities to do down here, so we'll see if I find anything like that one in Indian Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha. I did win. It was crazy. I didn't know what was happening. It just started making loud noise and flashed lights and then tickets came pouring out. The same thing happened to me when I just tossed a token haphazardly into the spongebob game. I was on a roll that night. I can totally picture that look that Ryan gave you. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally just go for the games. We passed on the food and went to taco bell instead. ... .... not that that is much better. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete