Saturday, October 22, 2011

What we're eating this week

**I just have to note, this week has been completely out of control. Brinley has had the cold of the century. She isn't napping. Or sleeping at night. And now I have a cold. I am miserable. And tired. And I just want to curl up on the couch and watch Sleepless in Seattle while eating a whole lot of Blue Bell Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Just saying. Plus, my molar sister just had a roller coaster of a weekend and it really has shaken me up. I've been really upset about it. I'm trying to not let my thoughts go there but my heart is breaking for her. But, she continues to amaze me with her strength and optimism. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.


--

I'm copying by bff, Julia by giving you my dinner menu this week. Maybe that will hold me accountable for actually cooking exciting things! We did so good cooking up new things for awhile, but I haven't tried making them for a second time! How lame is that! I'll admit it right now, this is what I plan on doing this week, but in this order, probably not going to happen. So here is the line up for this week:


Monday: Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo (our own invention)

Tuesday: Our Ward's Trunk or Treat. I'm bringing a basic, but always tasty chili and cornbread muffins. 


Thursday: Autumn chopped salad (substitute apples for pears)

(my parents are coming into town on Friday so I am going to crank up my menu a few notches!)
I am sooooooo excited! Just hoping we are all feeling better by the time they get here. 

Friday: Black Bean Burritos (watch for the tutorial!)

Saturday: 
breakfast per Mama's request: Lemon Poppy seed Pancakes

5 comments:

  1. We just BARELY made our menu and Chris is out grocery shopping as I type this. We are LATE in getting this up, but I am happy to see what you are making too! I gotta tell you, the Autumn chopped salad is amazing! I made it two weeks ago and I can't wait to make it again. I added grilled chicken glazed with balsamic vinegar (instead of putting the vinegar on the salad) and it was so good and more of a meal with the chicken. I made the stir-fry too!! LOVED it. We all (including Greta) devoured it. I subbed toasted almond slivers for cashews and it was delish. Can't wait for the burrito tutorial--BEEN waiting for that one. And now I am off to check out that pasta dish and post our menu for the week.

    P.S. Love you! And I'm thinkin' about you. I can't even imagine the thoughts that are going through your head. Your molar sista is going through something outrageously difficult right now and to think....gah! Can't think about it. Just know we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you are going to LOVE that autumn salad. It's so easy and SO delish. And poor you!! You failed to mention the puke. You deserve a chick flick and ice cream, just for that alone. lol. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. getting hungry just thinking about all your great & creative meals! It will be awesome to let someone else cook for a few days (just kidding - you know I will help with all!) You are very lucky to have a hubby who enjoys cooking as well to give you breaks. Counting the days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate that you all are sick, but glad it's nothing too serious! Just wanted to let you know that i saw your post about the burritos last week, made them and we loved them too! They are great, thanks for sharing :).

    p.s. We are moving to Asheville in a month, i'm trying to get some copies of some talks together for ya..it might be a few days b/f i can get to the post office, but don't think i forgot about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you guys are sick! That's just the pits! GBF (Get better fast).

    btw - Those Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes look legit.

    ReplyDelete