To say that our week improved from my last blog vent about being sick, you are ca-raaazy town. Ryan was in bed from Monday until Sunday. He was so sick. We are positive he had an adult case of Hand Foot and Mouth. Apparently, these childhood diseases do not transfer over to adults the same way, and in fact, the doctor Ryan saw last Friday had never seen a case this bad. EVER. Basically, when you're contagious and sick, please do not go in public places. Isn't that kind of common sense??? Apparently not!
He was taking hydrocodon for the pain. It was absolutely ridonkulous. Here are pictures of his hands. Times this by 500 MILLION when it came to his face. He has blisters from his eyebrows, down his nose, and on his upper lip. He was so miserable. He had blisters in his ears. On his toes. In his mouth. Down his throat. In his nose. It was awful. He kept himself busy with Prison Break on Instant Netflix and sleeping a LOT.
He went back to school yesterday and took a 5-hour energy drink. I was so happy to see him motivated and ready to get back into the swing of things. Besides a bit of discomfort still in his throat, Ry is much better.
I was kind of mess all week. Tired. Cranky. Stressed I was going to get sick. Cleaned every inch of my house with Lysol. and being a non-stop, full-time mom. I had to answer to every call of Brinley's and that gets oooooooooold after 6 straight days. Man, it would have been nice to get a break if we had family around, but we definitely grow closer together as a family having to go through awful experiences! She woke up multiple times each night, but thankfully, we all slept in until 8 or 9am everyday. I am still completely exhausted but I am happy to be back into our routine. My husband is back in my bed (he was upstairs quarantined) but we still haven't smooched on the lips since Monday! Holy cow! I am terrified to get this virus so maybe a few more days just to be safe :-)
But look at this cute thing. Her eyes. Her cute lips and nose. I love her. We watched so many movies this weekend. but I tried to do one fun thing a day like painting or running outside to break up the monotony.
We appreciate all those who prayed for us! I honestly didn't see a glimmer of light and hope until Sunday, so I am grateful to get my husband back. Health is something I will never ever take for granted.
Glad your little family is feeling better. That sounds miserable! And hopefully Ben & Courtney helped to cheer you up last night as well :)
ReplyDeleteOh my word! His poor hands! I can't imagine that all over! You set a great example of what should happen when you are sick and contagious. Quarantine! Glad it is (almost) all behind you.
ReplyDeletewow that looks painful! Well they say it happens in threes so hopefully the bad luck is almost over for you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh that looks awful! Poor Ryan! Brinley painting made me laugh. Looks like Noah's style of art. :)
ReplyDeletehow sad! that is Craziness! I'm glad you guys are on the UP. YOU need a break! and a massage.
ReplyDeleteouuuuuuuch!! poor guy! so glad things are starting to FINALLY get better for you guys! germs need to stay away for a loooong time now, right? and brinley is so adorable painting :)
ReplyDeleteohhh my goodness!! that is horrible meagan!! you are wonder woman for staying strong these last few weeks (and months) holy cow. i wish i didn't live sooo incredibly far away!! glad ryan is feeling better--that looked like a beast.
ReplyDeleteSo we totally haven't met but I'm Sarah Lahtinen's sis in law in 4th ward - and my little girl just came from the dr, diagnosed with, you guessed it, hand-food-mouth. I'm at least relieved its not the chicken pox, but this is crazy! I'm totally pissed that people go out when they are sick, especially now that I have a little one to watch for. So what did you do to help her feel better and get through this, besides just wait it out?!
ReplyDeleteHey!!! It is a virus so there isn't any medication to help. We just kept Brinley as hydrated as we could and also alternated ibuprofen and Tylenol because her mouth hurt from having sores. Caution, it can pass to adults so keep washing your hands, disinfect everything, no baby kisses. They say 7-10 days that it is contagious, so just keep your distance as much as you can and keep her happy! Brinley felt better after 3 days. It was super rough for a few days, though. I never want this again!!!! (oh, and don't go to church on Sunday...lol....)
ReplyDeleteHoly cow. I did not know it was this bad!!! I am so sorry! This sounds like it was the week from hell. And I can't believe Ryan's hands!!! Sheesh!
ReplyDeleteOn a separate note, I love that Brinley is painting the paint brush and not the paper. She's so funny.
A few years ago Seth got hand-foot-mouth from one of our kiddos. It wasn't as bad as Ryan's, but he was pretty miserable. Amazing how it affects adults so much worse. I hope he is feeling better.
ReplyDelete