5 months, 5 months?? Holy cow. I am pretty sure I'm going to wake up one morning and that girl is going to be walking and talking. Time. Is. Flying. And I don't like it one bit!!
As I've said a million and one times before, Miss Ellie is precious. She is sweet. She is chubby. She is adorable. And more than ever, she is extremely squishy these days. Basically, the amount of chub on her body is not lessening.
The rolling, however, has slowed down. I haven't seen her roll over in probably 2 weeks. It seemed every time I out her down on her back, she immediately rolled onto her belly. Maybe Brinley is just too interesting to watch, but she hasn't been rolling lately. I'm not concerned.
She discovered her toes this month! She finds any opportunity to suck her toes. In her sleepers. Wearing socks. In the bath. In her carrier. She will find a way!
And started to blow bubbles! I can never catch her doing it on camera, but she is pretty adorable!
Even though I'm sure she's ready, we aren't in a rush to get her on rice cereal. She is curious about us eating, but right now, it just seems like one more thing to do. And, with my experience with Brinley, we started rice cereal and baby food right at 4 months and I know that helped her self-wean early. I was very discouraged about ending BFing early with Brinley, so I want to make sure Ellie is committed before introducing something else. We think 6 months is a good age to start.
putting her binky in and out by herself
She is still loving bath time.
And mama time.
She has such a sweet spirit about her. She rarely gets fussy. Eat/Play/Sleep is working beautifully, and as long as we stick to her schedule, she continues to be a happy and very predictable baby. It is very nice having her on such a good schedule because Ryan can jump right in to help whenever he gets home and he knows her cues.
She is even trying to sit up by herself! She has a very strong body and loves to stand and jump and kick. I have even seen her try and pull her knees into her chest while doing tummy time. I cannot even face the reality that this girl might be trying to crawl next month.
We still roll her out in her pack n play every night into the front room. It gives me enough distance from her to sleep well through the night, and it also gives her space too. She still wakes up once a night to nurse. Sometimes I can put her binky in and she goes back to sleep, but I nurse her. And the woombie is working out great. And during the day, she takes 3 solid 1.5-2 hour naps. Keep this girl napped and fed, and she is happy!
We just love Ellie more and more everyday!!
















That baby Ellie sooo cute! She needs to be squeezed and kissed always. That hair! And seriously, 5 months?? How did that happen???
ReplyDeleteP.S. I just noticed your baby bath seat and I need one! I've seen them before but can't seem to find them when I'm looking now. What brand/type is it???
I messaged you with a link on FB!
Deleteshe looks JUST like brinley in that first picture, holy cow! liam tries every day to get his toes in his mouth but either he's too chunky to get them up there or he's just not flexible enough. i can't believe it's been 5 months already! i wish time would slow down!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, Ellie is getting so big but WHAT THE HECK, Brinley in those last pictures looks so old! Gosh darn time. Ellie is just such a cutie... I still haven't had my chance to hold her yet! But pictures are great for now =)
ReplyDelete