Sunday. Oh Sunday. I have a love/hate relationship with you. It is nice to get to church to soak in whatever ounce of wisdom and spirit I can get. But boooooy is it a challenge. Brinley doesn't nap. And Ellie is at the age where she is getting harder and harder to get to sleep at church. Ellie is off her schedule and never seems full or rested. I feel like I am up and down the entire 3 hours and spending more and more time in the mother's lounge. Ryan and I tag team to keep the chaos under control. Sometimes, we have a great Sabbath. but most times we fail. On Saturday night, I try to think of what to put into Brinley's church bag to stay one step ahead of her, but she still stays uninterested in everything I've packed and complains of being hungry the entire hour of Sacrament meeting even though we had lunch moments before leaving the house. I know this isn't unusual of parents with small children, but it still shocks me every week when we fight the same battles with Brinley and come home exhausted and wishing for bedtime. I know there will come a day when I enjoy Sunday and actually find it IS a day of rest and spiritual rejuvenation. But for now, I look forward to Monday's naps.
But, seriously. These girls couldn't be any cuter in their Sunday best.




You look incredibly put together for such craziness. I remember 1 month before Greta started nursery--I was counting down the days to being able to feel the spirit at church again. And then they called me to be the sunbeam teacher. Hahaha. I loved your idea of putting your own touch on the mother's lounge. They should at least have a tv in there playing Mormon messages or SOMETHING! ;)
ReplyDeleteWe have similar problems. Maddy needs a nap, but she won't go to sleep in our arms. She's the kid that wants us to lay her down with her bink and her bear, and she will fall asleep on her own (which I LOVE, just not on Sunday!). And we teach Primary so she is trying to go to sleep while the kids are screaming in Sharing Time, which is always hard! Luckily it is Josh and I that teach together though.
ReplyDeleteFirst off, 1:00p.m. church sucks... let's be real. That is the worst time ever! Especially for little ones. Secondly, they are super cute in their Sunday best. Just keep going and continue on your personal scripture study and it will all work out
ReplyDeleteCan I just copy and paste this onto my blog? I promise to change the girls' names to the boys' names. Sundays...are... rough. I keep thinking 7 will be the perfect age to bring them to church.
ReplyDeleteI love your hair like that.
ReplyDeleteAlso, love those cute Sunday girls. I don't know how parents do it with kids and church. Nursery germs and sacrament reverence and missed naps, too much.