I am blogging from my parents computer (a pc) and I'm struggling! so if the layouts are wonky, you know why. I feel like I'm trying to interpret another language! Total apple snob, I know.
This was the day we were to meet my Mom halfway to continue on to North Carolina. Unfortunately, we used Ryan's day off to make the long drive, but everything worked out so perfectly. We couldn't have asked for a better drive day. My Mom is a champ. She met us more than halfway to make the drive easier on us, and on Ryan to have the rest of the day to study if he needed to.
We met up at a Chick-Fil-A to make the swap and it worked out perfectly. ps, the CFA cobb salad is ridiculously amazing and I want to eat one everyday of my life now. Brinley was so excited to see Grandma. We took one last picture with Ryan and gave him lots of hugs and kisses. I told him to pinch my butt one more time, but he wouldn't in front of my mom. Come on, man!! I miss him already. My heart just aches for his company, but we have so many ways to stay in touch its like we're really together even though we are miles apart.
Ellie had a rough trip. Granted, it was a 10+ hour day, so I don't blame her, but she had many meltdowns. She did take a 40 minute nap and Brinley ended up falling asleep for a little bit.
Once we made it into North Carolina, I wanted to scream and shout! It felt so good to finally drive over the bridge over the lake right before their turn off. My dad spent the day off golfing and prepping our 4th dinner. He had everything ready when we got home. What a gem! Bacon wrapped hot dogs, potato salad, veggies, and a Vergil's root beer. Delish.
I had never seen the fireworks from the boat, so the moment Brinley and Ellie were down, we raced down to the boat and noticed the lake was too low to even get the boat OUT! ahhhh! Talk about frustrating. Their lake is the drinking water for Charlotte and it seems like the levels are constantly changing.
We didn't feel so bad when it started pouring rain only 10 minutes after we came back inside. suckers!! We closed our night out with watching Brooke White's new movie on the Hallmark Channel, Banner 4th of July. It was up to Hallmark cheese ball acting standards, but she was so cute and the music was super fun.
Next 4th, we plan to have a crazy awesome day off spent TOGETHER as a family. I miss that hunky man of mine already, and it has only been one day.
so sad about the low lake! but it did work out in the end i guess! stupid rain! glad you're having fun with your parents!! :)
ReplyDelete