This afternoon, I am getting ready to make my stuffing and sweet potato casserole. There is just something so magical about making Thanksgiving food. This year, we are spending Thanksgiving with some of our friends here in Florida. I'm excited to eat, eat, and eat some more. My entire family is together in Seattle and I am feeling the blues. I miss them all so much and I wish we were able to join them. Thank goodness for Skype and Face Time. We definitely benefit from those apps living so dang far away from family. My plan is just to eat my feelings and stay busy.
I'm not excited to have work a bunch this weekend. It is a total bummer that stores are opening up on Thursday night. How can you even feel good about yourself shopping when you're taking these people away from their families? Having the entire day off is soon going to become a non-mandatory holiday and before we know it, all stores will be open the entire day. Super sad. Some how, I lucked out working retail and I work all day Friday, instead of working the crazy 12am-6am shift that some of my coworkers are working. I am grateful for those people that are working those hours so that I can spend the entire Thanksgiving day with my family. I'm not anti-Black Friday, but seriously, lets draw the line somewhere. It is seriously so pathetic to see people go crazy for a "good deal" and be mean to people. I've already seen the Christmas Scrooge when I've helped them in Old Navy and it seriously sickens me. Sorry you had to wait an extra 3 minutes, geez woman. Lets all try a little harder to be nicer to those people SERVING you during this holiday season. These things you're buying are just things, but these people have feelings are doing the work to help make your shopping experience easier. (end rant :-)
Happy Thanksgiving!

AMEN to that! I worked at Old Navy 2005-2008...and the worst people were during the holidays. Totally doesn't make sense! After working retail, I always tell my cashier/servers thank you and give them big smiles! I hope Black Friday isn't too crazy for you since they open Thanksgiving. :(
ReplyDeleteI refuse to shop on Thanksgiving. It's disgusting these companies caring more about making a buck (which they would still make on Black Friday!) than their employees and just letting Thanksgiving be the wonderful family holiday that it is. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy Black Friday! It'll fly by, you'll be so busy!!
ReplyDelete