I wish I could say we feel rested and relaxed after our 4 day weekend, but we are tired. After this Tuesday, I have worked 6 out of the 7 days this past week, and that means, Ryan has had to do bath time by himself a lot this week and has done lots of cranky kid watching (Ellie is teething, Brin has just been moody). Black Friday was insane. I worked an 8 hour shift and ON was trashed. Messes everywhere. Cranky customers. Cranky coworkers. Long lines. When I came home on Friday, my body was so physically drained, I was basically useless. We are now open earlier and open later than our usual mall schedule, so I'm in for some late nights until Christmas.
Thanksgiving morning, we braved the cold and went for a walk. The temp had dropped into the 40's, and we were COLD! It was so cold. We only walked to our dumpster and back. Huge wimps!
We were at our friends house for dinner and had such a wonderful time. We had an amazing meal and had so muc fun together. The weather was still in the 60's and we stayed outside as much as we could and watched the kids play. It is amazing what 60 degrees feels like in south Florida! Glorious!!
my mamas recipe for stuffing. It was soooo gooood.
Thursday night, we skyped with family and started to get excited for Christmas. Brinley decided to draw the Christmas Crew. I loved this little piece of paper. Her drawings are so cute.
I had Ryan drop me off for my long Black Friday shift and it was so much fun to see them come and pick me up. Brinley and Ellie were so happy to see me! Perfect way to end my crazy day.
And then on Saturday, I came home to see these sillies in a fort. Ryan is the best daddy.
Saturday afternoon, we had our family pictures taken. I'm so excited to see how they turned out. We stayed in downtown Stuart for dinner. Our favorite place, Luna's. They sell pizza by the slice through a side window. Perfect for us because we love their food, but don't want to bug people inside the small restaurant. Brin ate almost that entire piece of pizza!
On Sunday, we were so exhausted! We decided to pop in Elf and just chill. We weren't even able to finish the movie and went to bed early.
Today, we are pulling out our Christmas decorations and getting our place all festive. I can't believe it's December!!!







I had to laugh about the Brinley almost ate that whole slice! Saturday we got a hot n' ready and Greta had 4, f-o-u-r!!! pieces. She is growing like crazy right now, but I can't even eat 4!! I love hearing about your old navy adventures. It has been so long since I have gone to work, I kind of miss it! So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. You looked so so pretty and I love your friends' wall color!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't remember the last time I ate a hot and ready!!!! ON is a trip, but I'm loving it!
DeleteSo wonderful to hear you had a great thanksgiving! I love that picture Brinley drew, too cute. Good luck weathering the storm of Christmas shoppers! However, now you know how Ryan felt all those years getting picked up. You deserve it =)
ReplyDeleteTHanks Kendall! I hope you and Chris had fun! Was there Mac and cheese again this year?
Delete