Isn't it funny how long it takes to make sugar cookies?
Making the dough.
Chilling the dough for a few hours.
Roll out the dough.
Cut shapes.
Repeat the rolling and cutting steps until the dough is gone.
Cook.
keep cooking.
make frosting.
color the frosting.
then frost the cookies.
and if you're Brinley- heavily sprinkle the cookies.
If you accomplish this in ONE day, pat your back right now. It only took us two days to get our cookies frosted, and they were delicious when they were finished! I like to roll my cookies thick and cook them just until the are the slightest golden brown on the edges.
And on the way to Ryan's work...Zonked.
and then that night we had our ward party. The girls were in matching shirts made by my Mom.
Ryan was in a chime groupie. It was awesome!
And this is Brinley's babysitter playing the violin. Isn't this the cutest ever!?







Oh my gosh, I decided to make sugar cookies ON A WHIM yesterday and halfway in I was like, "OK, this should have been an all day affair."
ReplyDeleteYes they do! And remember when we made umbrellas and those pesky handles kept breaking! Blaaaah! And I like Brin's motto of go big or go home on the sprinkles.
ReplyDelete