Friday, January 17, 2014

Ellie: 15 months

Oh, Ellie Bellie.
You are such a fun girl. Just since your first birthday, we have seen so much change in you, it is seriously kind of crazy. You are such a busy little toddler and you're always working on something. Either pulling every tupperware out of my cabinet. Or yanking every wipe out of the wipe case. Or pulling every single shoe from our shoe storage at the front door and bringing it to the right owner...you are just so stinking cute.

You jabber constantly. Lots of sounds, and not so many words yet but I know they're coming. Your favorite thing is doing all the farm animal sounds. Qackkk qackkk qackkkk and your doggie woof is so stinking cute. Your lips get so small and you say woooof woooof woooof over and over and over again. My favorite as of lately is that you're FINALLY saying mama!!! It has taken forever! Ellie, I know you love your daddy very very much, but I'm with you all stinking day long and you have been holding out on me! Dadadadada happened quick! But hearing your little voice yell maaa maaa maaa around the house just makes my heart sing! It was definitely worth waiting for.
Within the last week or so you've really started to say your own name and point to yourself when I say your name. You say, leeeee leeee. It's so cute. You are so smart, Ellie. You love getting books for me, or when you need a diaper change, you'll find a diaper and wipes for me. You know to grab your own shoes when we need to leave. It is amazing how you are starting to understand my questions and respond to them. I love watching your mind connect things together and answer back.
You learned to walk just after your first birthday (maybe like 13 months) but you run. RUN. run and more running. You seem to only have one speed. Running! You love it when we chase you or pretend to be a bear or lion or dragon. You scream and run in the opposite direction.

Surprise, your red hair is still the talk of the town. I'm pretty immune to the pointing and oh my goodness look at her red hair!!! comments, but baby girl, you are a dream. You are so beautiful.
Probably the cutest thing about you is your laugh. You are constantly laughing. When you laugh, your eyes get so tiny and squinty and then your little teeth cheese and we end up laughing more and more. You are Brinley's biggest fan and you love her so much. You two are such pals and I love watching you play together. You can be pretty sneaky when stealing things away from her if she turns the corner or her back. You run so fast in the opposite direction. Brinley has been very good at sharing her toys and special things, but sometimes you just take the wrong thing at the wrong time and it becomes a crying, flighting, and screaming fest for a minute and it gives me a fabulous glimpse into my future of having two girls. Your Auntie Jill and I neverrrr fought over anything growing up :-)
At 15 months, you weigh 21 pounds. I don't know how tall you are, but you are in the 75% for height and head circumference. Your daddy and I have been noticing you lean out a bit and lose your baby baby chub. You are definitely in 18-24 month clothes. You are still wearing a size 4 diaper. And you are wearing size 5 shoes. Your little toes still stink if you've been wearing shoes or socks for too long. I love that little smell! Your toes and feet are just too cute I could kiss them all day long (and sometimes I do!).
We love you so much sweet girl. I love this age!

No comments:

Post a Comment