Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Every Valentine's Day, Ryan makes breakfast for his girls. This year, he was actually able to eat with us! It was so delicious. He made french toast and put nutella in the middle of two pieces, topped it with fresh strawberries and blackberries and whipped cream. DELISH.
Brinley has been asking if it is Valentine's Day the second I put up a few hand made decorations weeks ago. This may be her favorite mini-Holiday. I think her favorite thing in her cupcake tote was her glitter chap stick. And it is probably my least...glitter all over her face!


^^new sandals for summer, pair of socks, and glitter chap stick.
^^new book (from G&G Briggs), socks, and a new diva hairbrush.



^^attempt #1. Blurry and wayyyy too early for a picture, but I love it!
^^hahaha this is amazing

This afternoon we have a play group Valentine's party! So excited to spend our afternoon with good friends. Tonight, I have a surprise dinner planned. And we'll probably spend our night catching up on Bones and talking about our 6 previous Valentine's spent together. 6! On February 16, 2008, we got engaged, so Valentine's for us is always a special time to celebrate our love. cheeeeesy :-) 

Previous Years:

4 comments:

  1. We completely dropped the Valentine's day ball this year. Like...we have NOTHIng planned. We bought nothing for each other or Greta. Now we're kind of scrambling....kind of not. Hahaha. I love Ryan's tradition of making breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't had a Valentine's Day together that has fallen on a weekend, so I'm not sure if things will change when we have more time together, but the breakfast thing is HIS deal. He buys. He makes. (I clean up :-/ lol). He doesn't cook that often, but he is a master breakfast cook. Thank goodness for the Target dollar spot because that is where all of the girls stuff came from. For $3 each, they got a random bag full of surprises. And thank goodness Target is across the street from me! Greta's b-day is like Brinley's with having to share it with a holiday. We don't do much halloween stuff and focus more on her bday. I'm sure Greta doesn't care one bit!

      Delete
  2. I love your breakfast tradition! So fun and let's be real, having delicious breakfasts like that hardly happens. Oh my gosh, BONES! Chris and I have been addicted to that on Netflix starting a month ago. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started watching at the 8th Season because we didn't want to start from the beginning in fear we would hate the show...WE ARE STUPID. and now that we are in LOVE with Bones, we regret not watching it from the beginning...and now that we are up to date...it seems silly to start from season 1 ep 1, you know?

      Delete