Monday, September 15, 2014

Secret Trip to SLC

I've been itching for a trip for awhile. Truth: I haven't taken a solo trip since I've been married and have had kids. I've traveled a bunch without Ryan, but I've always had one or two kids with me. So, this mama was ready for a solo trip! and when my bff from high school and college announced her engagement, it just made sense. I HAD to be there.

I decided to keep my trip completely secret, except for a few people that needed to be in the loop. It took a bit of planning and organizing, but the trip was booked and I was so ready! I coordinated with my other bff, Julia, to join me in Utah and be my plus one and chauffeur me around to the wedding events. We squeezed in some fun time too, shopping, museum time, blog talk, and seeing my cousin in Provo.

It was a fabulous trip. Everything went smoothly and according to plan! Jane was a gorgeous bride and I can't even tell you how it was seeing that girl (plus her wonderful family). Jane was completely caught off guard when she saw me and I just couldn't help but melt to tears when we hugged. The wedding decor and reception location was so perfect. So happy for you, Jane! and to meet your new husband Mark! 
I'm alone!!!!!!!!!!
first morning after my gal pal Greta climbed into bed with me
in-n-out was a MUST
the girlies
yes please!!!!
Utah, your mountains are bragging!! 

this florida girl couldn't believe the gorgeousness of the mountains

Reception Time
the start of the reception venue
riding up to the house
the bride!!!!
can you even believe her dress!?
together with her adorable hubby Mark
my other favorite gals, Kristine and Egan
and my favorite second mom in college, Holly
besties
inside the BARN. this place was unreal!
hey, you!
only a 1/3 of the house
four!!!

this pano shot sooooorta gives this place justice!

Saturday-Temple Sealing
married!!!!!!!


love these girls so much!!
Lunch Time
i'll take the tri tip cali style sandwich please!

Museum of Natural Curiosity in Thanksgiving Point

Cousin Time
So fun to see my cousin Cari and her family! (missing their youngest Ben who was napping)

I had such an amazing time! Sad I couldn't see everyone while I was in Utah, but hopefully next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment