Oh, Ellie.
She is just the cutest little red head! This past year has been so much fun. I love this stage in toddlerhood. So curious. Learning new things. New words. Nursery. Making friends. Lots of imagination. Ellie is always making us laugh. She even makes herself laugh! It has been interesting comparing Ellie and Brinley's different personalities. They are so very different. Ellie is a go-getter. She is loud. Loves to climb and run and jump and do things that make my mama heart stop beating because she can be so spazzy! She's already gotten stitches once and I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often.
I always need a moment to remember baby Ellie and how she came about 2 years ago. Just two weeks before my due date (10/13/12), my doctor decided that we need to consider a c-section because of how big Ellie was. He was concerned with my vaginal delivery with Brinley, and she only weighed 8 pounds even. I'm grateful he brought up her size because I had gained 50 pounds with Ellie and I honestly felt like my belly was SO HUGE. We had an ultrasound and they estimated she was over 9 pounds already! So, we planned the c-section day and everything went according to plan! I was super nervous but the hospital was so wonderful and it was such an enjoyable experience. So at 11:20am, Miss Ellie Charlotte came into the world. All squishy and cute and perfect.
Ryan and I fell pretty hard for Ellie the moment we saw her. We were all surprised to see that red hair but it completely fits her personality.
I'm not big on birthday parties for little kids (tried it with Brinley and she cried the entire time). So we just had a fun family party and tried to make the day all about Ellie! The entire day, wherever we went Ellie would say, "Bird-day girl...Bird-day girl..." So cute!
New baby. She's in love!
I found this backpack on amazon and it was full of fun baby stuff! Both Brinley and Ellie have loved it.
New bike from Grandma and Grandpa Briggs!
We went to our favorite pizza place for dinner and then afterwards we went home and had some cupcakes for dessert!
It was a great day! We love you, Ellie! So glad you are in our family!!





She is so so sweet. I wish I could give her a big squishy hug. She has grown so much over the last few months, I can't believe it! She doesn't look like a baby anymore, but a little girl. Why does that have to happen? When does that happen!? I need to send something for BOTH of the Briggs birthday girls your way this week. We love you Ellie!
ReplyDelete