Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Festivities

Last week was such a busy week of Christmas activities. First up, Brinley's Christmas Preschool Party! The after-care teachers (the hours after VPK), always does such a great job at these parties. When Ellie and I got to the school, Brinley's was so happy to see us! You see, I dropped the ball at the Thanksgiving party because they sang some songs but I didn't know that parents were invited to attend. She seriously did not let me forget that I wasn't there for weeks. Now, I am constantly asking and being paranoid whenever a holiday is coming if parents are invited to attend. 

First up, Florida snow! aka soap suds coming out of a big bubble blower fan! 
and Ellie not participating and just wanting to play on all the outside toys
Next up, we came back inside and made a Christmas picture frame. I loved sitting by Brinley and her little friends. They were so chatty and cute. I felt a bit like the cool Mom because there was always a swarm of 3-4 little girls by us the entire time. But I think they all just really liked Ellie :-) 

and next, SANTA! Brin wasn't too sure to sit on his lap, so she just stood by instead. Ellie wouldn't go near him.
Last activity, sugar cookie decorating. So much fun. Lots of frosting and sprinkles, just how I like it! 
When we got home, I knew Brinley needed a nap. She was so exhausted. It wasn't 5 minutes later when I checked in on her and found her like this in our bed. So comfy! I wanted to join her!
The next morning, we had our Ward Party. Ryan and the Elder's Quorum were in charge of everything this year and they decided on a breakfast party. It was such a success. Everything turned out amazing and I'm so proud of him for working so hard. I had to work the nights leading up to Saturday, so he had to haul the girls to the Church every night. Worrying about them while setting things up is a lot to handle, but he didn't complain one bit. 
We had pancakes, bacon, sausage, hash browns, breakfast casseroles, and fruit. So much yummy food! The primary kids sang the Nativity Song after everyone finished eating and then after that, they had a craft room set up to make ornaments. 
Santa made an entrance too. I was shocked that Brin actually sat on his lap this time! 
And this past Sunday was our Ward Christmas program. I was so relieved when I heard that because the following Sunday we will be on our way to North Carolina!
And that night, we decorated Gingerbread houses! I forgot how hard it is to construct and frost and decorate a gingerbread house without making it look like frosting and sprinkles had just accidentally dumped on it. 
 Ellie spent her time licking her fingers and eating the candy :-)
Brin loved every second of it and is committed to eating the house sometime this week. We'll see if she can actually bite a piece off. 


 And our masterpieces! Clockwise, mine, Ryan's, Ellie's, and Brinley's.
We love this time of year. Trying not to commit to too many things before Christmas, but sometimes you just can't help it! There is just so many fun things to do. 

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, you are the cool mom!! Those little girls saw how fun you are and gravitated to you! Our ward did a breakfast ward activity too. So much better than at 7 at night, we had the rest of the day to do whatever. It was awesome and I know parents loved it too.

    ReplyDelete