It was a short visit, but it was such an exciting time for everyone when they walked into our room. Brinley was the first to see Owen. She couldn't even believe Owen was real. She just could not believe it!! Her baby brother was finally here and she could hold him and kiss him as much as she wanted. Her face! Her smile! I am so thankful Ryan went camera crazy because this moment was so special!
So while Brinley was snuggling baby Owen, Ellie sat with me and asked about every single needle, and bandaid, and mark on my body. She is always so concerned about peoples boo-boo's and why I had to get them. Love her tender heart. She kissed my IV at least 10 times during this talk because she kept saying, "Mama got hurt? Is mama ok??" So precious.
That's the face of a proud big sister! Brinley is so obsessed with him, and will drop anything to help with getting a burp cloth or the boppy or just about anything! Her favorite thing is to hold Owen and count his fingers and toes over and over and over again.
Next up, Ellie's turn holding Owen. This made me a bit more nervous, but she did a great job! Ellie just wanted to kiss and hug him every 5 seconds, but her gentleness wasn't exactly on point yet so I was getting a bit anxious having her around. She was also getting a bit crazy running around my bed at this point and all I could think about was some tube getting ripped from my body. Like I said, it was a short visit :-)
this girl right here ^^ she's my little buddy.
After having Owen, and then having the girls come visit the hospital, Brinley looked and felt like a 10 year old, and Ellie looked and felt like a 5 year old. Their little bodies doubled in size overnight and it makes me a bit sad!! Ellie was always my squishy little baby, but now she is nearing 3 years old and not so much a baby anymore! And then there's Brinley, who seems so advanced for her age and informs me daily of things I don't know. She is so brilliant. She also has a sweet tender heart that would do anything for the people she loves.
Then Grandma FINALLY had her chance to hold baby Owen. That patient grandma :-) We made a deal that the two nights we were in the hospital, for Ryan to put the girls to bed and my mom stay at the hospital with me for a couple of hours to keep me company and bond with Owen. It was also good for the girls to have Daddy help with bath and getting them to bed each night. We had so much fun catching up and basking in his newborn glory. There is just something so special about my mom being with me after having my babies. Couldn't do it without her.
Lots of love!















I like everything about this post. I would be a total wreck with a little one running around too. The girls just seem so excited and it is adorable. You look great for just having a baby cut out of you and I am glad Ryan took lots of pictures for you. Now your mom, how does she do it? The girls are adorable, all dolled up matching dresses and hair done and your mom figures out how to get herself looking awesome. It is a miracle if I look half way decent walking out the door. I just tell myself that everyone is looking at Evelyn and she is adorable so it is all good. Anyways, I am glad you had your mom there too and I am sure you enjoyed being with your little/not so little anymore family.
ReplyDelete