Thursday, October 2, 2008

just about lost it today

all I have to say, is that every American, needs to work at a retail job, during one of the busiest times of year, to truly understand the concepts of:
patience
understanding
service
charity
I about quit my job today. But-....I didn't. Only 3 more sorry months of stupid Christmas shoppers thinking we have a sweat shop in the back of the store making these clothes.

5 comments:

  1. ugh i dunno how you do it! i hated working retail! old navy was a slave shop and the managers hovered and people treat the merchandise like garbage, macy's was a nightmare because i was in a different dept every day and never got to know my merchandise and aeropostale was just straight up gay, and so was my jerk of a manager. i hated all the teeny boppers and he'd get mad if you didnt suggest a whole outfit for someone and assume their size and toss it over the dressing room. i had a few people get REALLY mad cuz i picked a size too big or small and get offended. BAD IDEA! LOL... hang in there! discount... just remember the discount HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 months!!! you can make it girl. retail is rough.
    can't wait to have you back on the west side of the country.
    keep GAP real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen to that! gap inc...ugh. glad i'm out of there! you can do it though!! 3 more months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that I found your blog. Congrats! I like your new last name ;) Good luck for the next 3 months...I hope they go fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...you worked at Home Depot with me. Working returns after Christmas. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete