Monday, April 6, 2009

Bad day

Dear morning sickness (aka....every hour sickness),

I felt like this.....



ALL DAY.

Oh the joys of pregnancy. I guess I have been pretty lucky. My spouts of throwing up have only been 2 very unfortunate and uncomfortable times. Poor Ryan. I wouldn't let him in the bathroom to help me at all. I don't want him seeing me so weak! I am a strong prego woman and I can do it!! My sis-in-law, Chrissy, has been such a help. She tells me it's only a little bit longer and I'll be feeling energized and not sick. She gets super sick during her pregnancies so I guess I am semi lucky.

Before my official appointment with my doctor, I fought through 2 migraines. Have you ever not been able to take medication for a migraine?? Yah, it's near impossible. They don't want you taking anything during your 1st trimester to avoid any possibilities of birth defects and problems, but boy I was so tempted to swallowing the whole bottle of Excedrin Migraine. I called the doc multiple times and they said, "Put a cold wash cloth on your head and try and sleep it off." I probably said something to the extent of..."are you freaking kidding me?" But, I fought through it. THEN, we went to our official appt and I told my doctor about my migraines and he says, "Oh, you can totally take Excedrin Migraine for your headaches." THEN WHO THE CRAP DID I TALK TO???!??!?!?!?!?! Exactly. So, long story short, since then I have been a very happy girl with my one and only med.

Okay, okay, okay. Enough. I am a first time prego woman and I need to vent. I love this almost 1.5 inch bebe but he/she makes me feel like poop.

4 comments:

  1. I suffered through one migrain without any meds, same thing, the nurse that I called said not to take anything until I came in and talked to the doc. Fortunately , I didn't throw up even once! Hopefully you're on the uphill side of sickness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! The baby will be cute and so all the sickness will be worth it! It sounds like you have dealt with some harder things than I did- so I consider you the strong one having to go through all this and still finish school! We can't wait to see the little bebe when he's about 20 inches long! Enjoy your fun weekend- and here's to hoping there's no throwing up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it helps, my Dr gave me a list of "safe" drugs to use. Lemme know if you want them, and I'll def email you a list.

    Also, try looking up natural remedies for some of this stuff, because sometimes those help out alot. Just a tip. I promise it'll get better soon! You'll get more energized and feel a million times better... bigger, but better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found my blog!! I'm so excited for you to be having a cute baby!!

    ReplyDelete