I have been running into my dear old friend Sarah Usher more than normal lately. She is so adorable and beautiful and her teeth are so pearly white. She must use Crest White Strips. We are both in the same situation on campus: ya we started school in 2004. Ya we aren't done yet. So what!??? So what if all our friends are graduated!!! We both do not have any friends (minus my hubby) on campus so seeing each other is like a glorious moment of gossip, laughing, and smiling.
She said this to me today:
Sarah: I can't believe you are almost 4 1/2 months prego.
Me: oh yes I can. I'm ready to be done.
Sarah: But you don't LOOK prego.
Me: Really? Do I just look chubby?
Sarah: (laughing) Noooo you just look like a normal girl.
So there you have it. I definitely am not confident to post belly pics because my "normal" girl tummy does not:
A. have shape
or
B. attractive by any means.
My bff Jessie, who is one month EXACTLY ahead of me (kind of weird how we worked that one out) but she said she is tired of not looking prego! I want people to look at me and know why I am still pale (sun and prego do not mesh), why I drink H2O 24/7, why I pee 8 times while at campus, why I may look like I'm about to puke, or that I want people to be extra nice to me because my emotional radar is high and I cry at just about anything. SO there you have it. I said it.
I want to LOOK like I can be excused from EVERYTHING. "Oh....she's pregnant."- with an understanding face and head nod. DUH!
That makes my heart go crazy when I think of my two besties hanging out. I love Sarah so much and you're right about her teeth. You are a beautiful baby mama Megs. Before you know it you won't see your toes. I love you lots Megs.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel... I couldn't wait for it to be obvious! But seriously, there are so many preggo people in Rexburg, most people didn't even give me a second look! And no one ever even looked at Sophie... here, in AZ, though, we get comments everywhere we go about Sophie! Love it!!
ReplyDeleteI know you want to start looking pregnant, but that is when the "I can't sleep anymore" state starts, but please try to enjoy it for a little bit longer.
ReplyDeletehey its better than being the lady that everyone says 'oh my gosh, you look like you are about to pop!' and you are only 4 months prego... sad times there. and the longer you dont look prego that means you obviously arent gaining TOO much so less to lose :) but i know how you feel, i felt the same. but that belly will all the sudden pop one night, promise. then you will have a nice ice cream bowl holder; however disclaimer... your baby might kick that bowl and send it flying. Issac did that one night w/ my ice cream! LOL
ReplyDeleteyou are totally wimping out on me now!! haha I need pics of your cute barely pregnant tummy!
ReplyDeleteOh, and it beats people coming up to you saying, "look at you! You've gotten fat!" They mean "pregnant", but feeling like a whale isn't much fun either.
I'm sure you're cute as can be either way. Can't wait to see your belly whenever you do get up the nerve! :)
I felt exactly the same way! I didn't want people to think I was just getting chubby. Can't wait to see the prego belly!
ReplyDeletethanks for the shout-out meagan :) it still blows my mind that we are REALLY both pregnant. crazy. who woulda thought??? our babies will definitely have to be friends. i love you girl...post pictures soon!! even if you do think you just look chubby :) i'm sure you look gorgeous!
ReplyDelete