Today, I have been reflecting on pregnancy, child birth, babies, motherhood...etc.
An unfortunate thing happened for one of the expecting mothers in my ward this week and I couldn't help but feel grateful for my little BeeBee.
Bearing a child is absolutely a miracle.
This morning I was laying in bed before getting up to shower and I looked down at my pale round belly and the little BeeBee did a big kick and I saw my stomach jump. It is interesting to now pay attention to her schedule of being awake and the many karate kicks she does.
(even if it is at 12:30am and I'm trying to sleep)
Fun Facts you may not know:
Yes, your boobs can leak even before you've had a child and have even breastfed!
Zipping your dress up all the way is soooo over-rated.
So what if your wardrobe is the mens Hanes V-Neck white shirts from Wal-mart (they fit!)
You dread sneezing because you may end up peeing your pants.
Not so fun facts:
1 out of 10 couples cannot have children.
and
1 out of 4 births are miscarriages (usually so early on the mother doesn't know)
Knowing those two facts, my testimony is strengthened because I know that those couples who lose children will have the chance to raise their children in the Eternities. Heavenly Father's plan is So Great and Wonderful. We do not understand why things happen, but the comfort of the Spirit and understanding of our Eternal Plan is so essential in order to make it through those tough times.
So, bring it on, BeeBee.
Put more pressure on my bladder and kick my spine.
I can't wait to not sleep or delay my daily showers until 5PM, or not shower at all.
I love it when my boobs leak. In fact, I wish they could leak all day long!!!
The extra lbs are a JOY and Pleasure. Skinny girls are lame anyways!
I love you, MORE and MORE everyday!
Alright, I'm done. Hope you enjoyed my post.
Yay for taking the not-so-fun sides of pregnancy and making them sound much happier. :) It's good to be reminded how blessed we are to be able to have our babies... especially, when you're getting kicked from all sides, gaining all this weight, and having trouble "rolling" out of bed. :)
ReplyDeleteWell done Meags... it does show how great what we have is...how lucky we are to have children... and it's so worth it when you get to finally see your little baby...
ReplyDeleteI Love it! You are too funny!
ReplyDeleteFunny you mention visiting, because Bryce and his parents are coming up on next Wed. the 22nd.
I, regretfully, will be working but I have made Bryce PROMISE to See you two and give you a BIG squeeze from me :)
And you should come to CA ASAP! It's so beautiful here and we would have so much fun!!!
I Love you SOOOO much and miss you tons.
Mike's V-neck tees from basic training were my most comfortable shirts at the end of my pregnancy! Isn't it wonderful that we get to bring these little ones into the world- it's a sacrifice in many ways- but worth it in so many more!
ReplyDeletei am so happy for you Meagan!
ReplyDeleteyou'll be the best mom ever!
I love you post Megan. SO many people just don't understand. That is why I hate it when people complain about being pregnant. IT IS A MIRACLE!!!
ReplyDelete